News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Class of '77

Started by Leevibe, December 24, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard_mcg

Beautiful!!! It's like something you see at custom car show!! Absolutely immense achievement!!  :) :)

Leevibe

Thanks all for the kind words (and expletives!) It's really satisfying/fun/rewarding to get such positive feedback from people I have such respect for!

It was so crazy yesterday. I posted this but then I had to run two "Kid's Church" Christmas Eve services last night. I was dying to get home so I could see the reactions. It was such a bad distraction! Merry Christmas!

Quote from: midwayfair on December 24, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Truly amazing, Lee :)

My favorite little detail: Hiding the LED under the 741.

Yeah, I thought it was clever and I didn't predict the cool flower petal look it creates. It really looks better in real life! I almost wish I had used white LEDs at the corners of the board too instead of UV, just to light it up brighter. No turning back now!

I love (and am not surprised) that you had the circuit all figured out. You are a smart cookie.

Guitarmageddon

Holey Moley!
I just saw this- fantastic in every way!
Never seen anything like it! 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

neve1272

leevibe...... so amazing i love it
Kip

dodgechargerfan

That's wild!  Fantastic look.

blearyeyes

The UVs in the corners works for me.. The bright white looks killer..

RobA

Quote from: midwayfair on December 24, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Truly amazing, Lee :)

My favorite little detail: Hiding the LED under the 741.

Totally agree on both points.

Your build needs to be sitting in a glass case at the entry of an exhibit at the Smithsonian about musical effects.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

brucer

Quote from: lincolnic on December 24, 2014, 08:10:37 PM
Unbelievable build. I don't even know what to say, it's flat-out incredible.

This +1, flat out wow.  Somebody give this man a prize.   

Shrtyska9

I don't think the bar can be raised much higher than this! Just amazing!

Richard

Richard

Willybomb

F**k me.

I'm speechless.

peAk

Wow......

Lee, that is some talent right there. I think everything that can be said has already been said.

Work-of-Art

Mat

Congratulations, a.m.a.z.i.n.g (and classy at the same time!)! This is so inspiring and daunting at the same time... Thanks for sharing the process and story, well written BTW, I read it like a novel, although I knew the pedal would turn out incredible in the end, I was caught by the suspense at every step :)

Hexjibber

Absolutely incredible dude, probably my favourite build on this forum aesthetically, sounds like a real labour of love too, just awesome!

aballen

Wow man.  That is just amazing.  You have raised the bar on gut shots.   The amount of work and planning are so apparent,  the execution looks flawless. 

This pedal is akin to creations by Bugatti or Pagani.  A functional price of art.  Art meets engineering for sure.

wgc

Crazy good lee!  Love the story too.

Probably the most amazing thing is how you managed to keep the sides glossy with all the other things you had to do. Stunning.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings