News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Real Tube Overdrive

Started by petesz, May 26, 2011, 06:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

Any possibility of doing a pedal that uses a real tube?
Im actually not sure what exists out there.. anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

plesur

Try the Baja Real Tube Overdrive project at FSB.

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1790

Bajaman sells PCBs for these.

I've got two I'm currently building, just a few caps short of finishing. The thing that's hard to get hold of are the power supplies.

madbean

I have a couple of Bajaman's PCBs for the tube overdrive. They are outstanding! I have not had the chance to build them, though.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Isn't that what the Way Huge Red Llama is "supposed" to be?
Or do you mean real as in it physically has a tube?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

sgmezei

I am halfway through the build, waiting on parts......Stoked for the Baja real tube overdrive to finally get fired up.

petesz

Awesome, thanks guys. Ill be looking into the Bajaman project. I think it'd be a fun and somewhat different project.

Jimihendrix1987

Hi there man,

I've been thinking up about the the bajaman project  ::) What a mess, the power supply he uses ! ... That's why I'm messing around with another tube pedal:

Check this up: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1899.0

I will have this Tube pedal finished by this time in about 1 week :) I will post something about it somewhere in the forum

;D

petesz

Oh sweet!!
Nicely done man. Yeah i was looking at the bajaman and it seemed to be a bit unconventional as far as having a 16v AC power supply etc.. I will keep an eye on your thread! ;)

madbean

Quote from: petesz on May 27, 2011, 02:25:00 AM
Oh sweet!!
Nicely done man. Yeah i was looking at the bajaman and it seemed to be a bit unconventional as far as having a 16v AC power supply etc.. I will keep an eye on your thread! ;)

Smallbear has an 18V AC supply available at a reasonable price.

Jimihendrix1987

Quote from: petesz on May 27, 2011, 02:25:00 AM
Oh sweet!!

It's not my project ! It's Juansolo and Cleggy's project ;) ... They have thought in everything ! Give it a try (i'm going to build it as far as I get the pieces)