News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tinnitus Industries HM2 v2

Started by selfdestroyer, December 28, 2014, 02:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I thought I would post this here since a few of you have built this PCB. It been driving me nuts and I have have taken a few breaks from it and decided to give it another go.

Build Doc:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19219628/hm2v2.pdf

My PCB looks a little different than the one in the doc and I think the3secondrule said this was a working proto and he just moved a few parts around to clean up the layout some. He said that the part numbers all match up to the BOM.

(1) Project Name
Tinnitus Industries HM2 v2

(2) General description of the problem
I get just static/white noise and if I turn up the volume all the way I get a bit of audio.

(3) Steps that you have taken to try to resolve the issue
I have checked my parts and orientation on all polarized parts. I have probed around some but have a hard time finding any faults.

(4) List any substitutions you used for parts/values
I made this awhile back but I am pretty sure there were no subbed parts.

(5) Volates?
Q1
G 0
S 4.3
D 9.5

Q2
E 0
B 0.6
C 3.9

Q3
E 8.6
B 7.9
C 4.5

IC1
1 4.5
2 4.5
3 4.5
4 0
5 4.7
6 4.7
7 4.7
8 9.5

IC2 & IC3 (exactly the same)
1 4.7
2 4.7
3 4.7
4 0
5 4.7
6 4.7
7 4.7
8 9.5

(6) Pictures?
Don't judge me on my flux mess. I usually clean before I box up a circuit. Also the orientation was wrong on Q1 J201 when I took the picture. The silkscreen image was wrong on my version from what I can tell.

Soup39

what are you using for your Q's? Are the pinouts correct? have you sub in different to ensure you don't have a crappy one in there?

the3secondrule

I'll get some voltages on my build when I get home, bust everything looks good to my eyes .

I'll also double check which fet I used on the proto's. I think it was a 2sk30a on the proto and I switched to j201 afterwards. Might need some leg twisting if you only have j201s
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

selfdestroyer

Thanks for the help guys, I will have some bench time tonight to play around with this some more. Looking forward to seeing voltages of a working unit or to see if my pinout is wrong with the J201.

Cody

selfdestroyer

Got it going. It was the J201 pinout. Since I have the proto board I forgot that mine follows the V1 layout which had the 2SK30A (Like the3secondrule) suggested. Looks like the Gate and Source are swapped on the J201. Once I crossed over the leg it fired right up. This thing sounds great but I could only play with it for a few minutes since my floor was getting really hot from all the hell I was raising with the pedal dimmed.

Thanks again guys.

Cody