News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pharaoh 'Supreme' and another big clunky fuzz

Started by sonarchotic, January 06, 2015, 05:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

Short break in school so I managed to get a couple of builds done. This one's a Pharaoh 'Supreme' I called Ra, aka... Hawk Cawk. This is Ivlark's strip board layout and I added a rotary, daughter clipping board and a 500k pot for the variable input impedance.

This one's a gift for a friend. It's a circuit I've been messing with that has basically turned into two silicon fuzz faces running back to back with a filter in between and lots of negative feedback. The greenish knobs came off an old 60's tube radio and where the original idea for the pedal but I couldn't get them to work out so I switched to the stove top types I got off ebay from some old equipment.

thesameage

rullywowr

I like the use of the clear knobs with the Pharaoh and the graphics.  Extra props for neat and tidy stripboard work too!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bcalla

Both are great, but I especially love the Ra.

jprizz

Yes! The clear knobs really allow the artwork to stand out. I think colored ones would of distracted from it. Excellent work!

m-Kresol

Both look amazing. Love the graphics of the Ra and yes, those knobs do fit it very nicely. I also like the angled enclosure on the second one, makes it very distinct. Too bad the green knobs didn't work out
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Both are really nice, came out great. I like the old radio knobs also.

Cody

cooder

Awesome stuff indeed, great looks, super execution, bet they sound killa too! Cool.... 8)
BigNoise Amplification

billstein

sonarchotic

Thanks guys! I just gave the steel box one to my friend and he loved the box though he hasn't played through it yet. He will probably use it for bass mostly so I'll be curious to see what he thinks. Glad you guys like the clear knobs, I wasn't sold on them but they were all that kinda worked that I had on hand. Stripper knobs ;D

nzCdog

chuckbuick

luks999

The Pharaoh is amazing!
how did you do the decal?

sonarchotic

Thanks guys!
Quote from: luks999 on January 08, 2015, 06:36:32 AM
how did you do the decal?
Clear waterslide decal with envirotex type lacquer on top. I'm using Inkscape for the graphics. I just switched to it but I'm sure once your used to it, it should handle anything you need for pedals. Light background colors work best for the clear decals. Juan Solo has an excellent tutorial on his site. Just look him up here on MB and follow the link to his site.

brejna

Nice builds you got there! Looking forward to see next from you..