News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Regulus VIII Fuzz Box (Deadpool)

Started by dwstanford, May 29, 2011, 05:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

Here is my nearly completed deadpool build.  I was really excited when i saw this project.  i love the crazy sounds that os mutantes got out of their equipment and i read the article by claudio baptista on how to build it, but could not really understand what the hell he was talking about.  I have not finished soldering the wires or hooking up the led,  and i am waiting on the knobs i want to use from mouser, but here it is.  it is a really cool and unique sounding fuzz.  i really like it.  it can sound really fat and overdriven on some settings and really high treble fuzzrite-ish on others.  you can dial in all kinds of cool tones with it.  i am still experimenting with the transistors to see what i like the best in it.  i will report back with my findings.

cjkbug

cool build.  that circuit is bananas. almost blew my amp up with it... no joke.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

dwstanford

yeah, it's loud as hell.  it can definitely cook the shit out of your amp.  these kinds of qualities are prerequisites for all the fuzzes i build.  if it won't even blow my amp up, what the hell good is it? :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks purrty! What kind of transistors are you using?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dwstanford

In the pic, I have 2n3565's as recommended by Brian.  I got them from small bear.  I have not tried the bc109s as called for in the schematic, but I plan to put some on my next parts order.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: dwstanford on May 29, 2011, 03:36:04 PM
In the pic, I have 2n3565's as recommended by Brian.  I got them from small bear.  I have not tried the bc109s as called for in the schematic, but I plan to put some on my next parts order.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to grab some of those as I believe people use them in big muffs!

Edit: Holy crap. They are $5+ a piece on fleabay and $3.20 on futurlec, but $0.60 on smallbear? Thats crazy. I wonder if they are all NOS w/ gold leads cause yours looks the same.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

I like how you put the controls on the sides  8)
Nice job