News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rollerboost

Started by dwstanford, May 29, 2011, 05:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwstanford

This is not a madbean build.  It's actually a vero layout for a Rangemaster style treble boost similar to the Brian May Treble Booster.  It uses a BC182L transistor.  Sounds pretty good.  I built it for a friend who loves Rollerball and Brian May.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great!! I have this layout on my desk! Have you built a germ RM and if so how would you compare them?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

dwstanford

This thing sounds pretty rad, but I would take the germ range master without hesitation.  Next to the fuzz face and MK1 tone bender, it's my favorite pedal ever created.  So i'm a bit biased in this arena.  I can say that this pedal excels at cutting through the mix for solos a bit better than the RM, but the tone of the RM is pure harmonic bliss.  I think a lot of it has to do with the difference between Ge and Si.  When I built this, I gave my friend the option of this circuit or the Ge range master and he chose this one.  If you are curious which one to build, I say build them both 8)

nzCdog

I want an orange pedal.  Just sayin ;)
Looks hot dude  8)

k.rock!

Quote from: nzCdog on May 31, 2011, 10:18:06 AM
I want an orange pedal.  Just sayin ;)
Looks hot dude  8)

haha that was my first thought as well...I really wanna build an orange pedal...it just looks so sweet!!

Great looking pedal man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com