News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Volume level on Beast build

Started by billstein, January 13, 2015, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Hi all. I've just built the Beast by electricb. The Klon Maxon, OD-820 combination. On both sides I'm getting unity when I just barely turn the volume knob up. On a scale of 1-10 I'm probably reaching unity below 1.

Before I spend time trouble shooting I thought I'd ask to see if that is normal.

Thanks for your help,
Bill

selfdestroyer

I would check your values of R17, R43 & R44 and make sure they are correct. Its a start.

Cody

gordo

Yeah, I'm hitting unity at about noon-ish depending on the gain setting.  Wrong taper pots maybe?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

billstein

Just checked the resistors that Cody suggested and the pots. Everything is correct.

selfdestroyer

Hmm, if you don't figure it out with your probe then take a look at this tread:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Post your pictures and any notes like subbed parts etc.. and maybe we can get you a bit further.

Cody

billstein

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 13, 2015, 05:26:19 PM
Hmm, if you don't figure it out with your probe then take a look at this tread:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Post your pictures and any notes like subbed parts etc.. and maybe we can get you a bit further.

Cody

Thanks. I'll do a proper troubleshooting post. Because of time I was hoping for the easy and quick solution. :)

TGP39

Bill,  check your starting voltage. I had this happen to me and it turned out I was running 12.6 volts instead of 9.6 volts. The volume was unusually loud at small turns of the pot. Just something to check. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

billstein

Quote from: TGP39 on January 13, 2015, 08:07:36 PM
Bill,  check your starting voltage. I had this happen to me and it turned out I was running 12.6 volts instead of 9.6 volts. The volume was unusually loud at small turns of the pot. Just something to check. Steve.

Thanks Steve. I'll check that tomorrow when I can get to it.