News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite pedalboard power supplies?

Started by Justus, January 13, 2015, 01:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Quote from: aballen on January 14, 2015, 03:04:06 PM
I went the diy route.  Used the weber transformer for 8 isolated 9vdc outs @300ma, and 1 @2A.. I don't think I'll ever need another power supply.
I would second the DIY route. I basically used a higher-mA wallwart that I found to be quiet, dremeled it open, and added in another circuit board with a 12v regulator for my delay, flanger, chorus pedals (all the power hungry ones). It looks like garbage (black electrical tape), but it does the trick very quietly. For overdrive/fuzz/distortion, I strictly use batteries. A 9v battery in something like a Big Muff or Fuzz Face seems to last forever, and it's impossible to get any noise from dirty power.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Justus

Quote from: aballen on January 14, 2015, 03:04:06 PM
I went the diy route.  Used the weber transformer for 8 isolated 9vdc outs @300ma, and 1 @2A.. I don't think I'll ever need another power supply.
"weber transformer"?  Link, or shed some more light on this project?  I'm interested...

irmcdermott

Quote from: Justus on January 15, 2015, 06:30:41 AM
"weber transformer"?  Link, or shed some more light on this project?  I'm interested...

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/pdlxfmr.gif

it's pretty big. i think i have one laying around, meant to build one but never got around to it. i can look around my bench later. but they are only like $25 new. they make both 120V and 240V versions.

blearyeyes

Quote from: irmcdermott on January 15, 2015, 06:50:51 AM
Quote from: Justus on January 15, 2015, 06:30:41 AM

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/pdlxfmr.gif

it's pretty big. i think i have one laying around, meant to build one but never got around to it. i can look around my bench later. but they are only like $25 new. they make both 120V and 240V versions.

But this doesn't get you 12 or 18 volts right?
Road rage