News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arp Odyssey

Started by RobA, January 15, 2015, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Seems it's confirmed that Korg is bringing out the Arp Odyssey this month. I've wanted one of these for years.

http://www.arpsynth.com/en/
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

selfdestroyer

Quote from: RobA on January 15, 2015, 05:44:05 AM
Seems it's confirmed that Korg is bringing out the Arp Odyssey this month. I've wanted one of these for years.

http://www.arpsynth.com/en/

That will be SO COOL. Look forward to seeing this. I will give my friend at Guitar Center here and make sure he gets one ordered for display for the store when they ship. I had an uncle that had an original that was so fun to play with.

Cody

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

selfdestroyer

blearyeyes

I used to sell those back in the day...

RobA

Quote from: peterc on January 15, 2015, 11:42:27 AM
Analogue or digital ?
It seems to be an as faithful as possible recreation in the same way they did the MS-20. So it's got to be analog. Just the sight of one of these things mesmerized me when I first saw it. They sounded incredible. 
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

Be interesting to see the pricetag.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

RobA

Quote from: alanp on January 15, 2015, 08:12:06 PM
Be interesting to see the pricetag.
The MS-20 is a pretty good price. I'm hoping that this one will be too.

alanp

I was looking at either a MS20 or Microbrute recently. The $500 Microbrute won over the $900 MS20, partly because the Japanese stuff has a reputation of working on V/Hz, not V/Octave.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer