News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone ever heard of Raven West Guitars?

Started by bcalla, January 15, 2015, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I saw one of their basses for sale on eBay and looked up their web site.  Lots of very nice looking guitars & basses for sale at fairly low prices.  There's no "about us" link on their site, so they are a bit of a mystery.  I assume they must be sourcing them in Asia.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any 1st hand experience.

http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/

Soup39

I believe they use to sell B stock on ebay quite a bit, FWIW.  no first hand knowledge.

jubal81

Never heard of them before, but they have some interesting looking stuff. This is pretty cool:

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lars

I think their strats look nice, at least the bodies. Those look like real wood pickguards, which is pretty interesting. I'm not too crazy about the necks though. That ivory binding just doesn't seem to fit a strat too well IMO. It would be awesome if they had a maple fretboard with no binding option. Overall, these look like good quality guitars for those price ranges.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

bcalla

This is the one that caught my eye on eBay.  It is B stock, they have a closeup of the blemishes and they don't look bad.  They have others on their website that are equally nice.