News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Got a broken DOD Fx-17 and the some questions.

Started by micromegas, January 15, 2015, 04:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Dear gentlemen (and ladies if there's any around).

I just got a semi-broken DOD Fx-17. It seems to be totally fine except for the action of the on/off switch so repair shouldn't be a hassle.

The thing is that, while searching for an schematic on the web, I found some links to the now closed diyguitarist webpage on which Mr. Paul Marossy showed a process of troubleshooting this beast and some information about the pedal itself that everyone seems to love.
Now, the questions (not in orden of importance):

1. Who is Paul Marossy and why on earth I didn't knew anything about him? 
I've read some posts on diystompboxes from this year on which Paul says he was quitting this hobby and clossing his page. The guy has more than 15000 post there, so the leaving of anyone participating that much in the diy community is something to think about..
I've only been in this hobby for almost 3 years and this forum is where I am more active, but I think it is important to learn about veterans.

2. Does anyone have an schematic for the DOD Fx-17?

3. Does anyone have that info everyone refers to in diyguitarist web? I do not want to ask Paul, as I respect his decision.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

micromegas

micromegas

I managed to find an online archive at waybackmachine, so some useful information can still be retrieved.

Cortexturizer

The interesting thing that had been happening to me for a while back is that on some computers I could still see Paul's site fine and on some I couldn't access it. That used to drive me crazy. Haven't accessed the site for a while though.
He has some incredible stuff in there!

Congrats on your pedal man, I know you'll use it well.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams