News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RingModulators, what are you guy using?

Started by GrindCustoms, January 16, 2015, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

So yesterday i was listening to A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms, the opening track The Hollow uses one in the second riff.. looks like it could be a Moog MF102.... though that is a bit pricey... but much awesomeness.

Was wondering what you guys where using, i have some BitCrushers and other weirdo stuff but no RingMods... any DIY layout out there that i should pay attention too and what are you using?

Thanks

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Cortexturizer

I have the Randy's Revenge and I love it. Worth every penny. And in pennies indeed paid it I had.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

flanagan0718

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 16, 2015, 09:22:54 AM
So yesterday i was listening to A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms, the opening track The Hollow uses one in the second riff.. looks like it could be a Moog MF102.... though that is a bit pricey... but much awesomeness.

Was wondering what you guys where using, i have some BitCrushers and other weirdo stuff but no RingMods... any DIY layout out there that i should pay attention too and what are you using?

Thanks

Rej

Hey Rej, I've been working on one with Cody and Layton but the first board was garbage. Tons of mistakes. I did a redesign (that I just finished last week) and was getting ready to update them. If you want I can send you the info as well. Just PM me your email and I'll forward the info over.

Govmnt_Lacky

Matt

Thanks

Rej
Love that song. I used to own an ehx freq analyzer which really nailed that sound. Just realized that this isn't available in diy form yet
Matt

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jubal81

Quote from: alanp on January 16, 2015, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 16, 2015, 09:56:26 AM
Ring Stinger FTW!!!

Good project, this. Biased git that I am.

I've never understood the lure of the Lovetone, but after watching a Ring Stinger demo, I'm half tempted to make one just for random noise makery.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

dont-tase-me-bro

Moogerfooger - with the expression pedal you can rock back and forth between mildly normal, to wackier and then back
I thought this would save me money.

mmlee

The guy who did the Arcadiator has a ring mod as well...

Edit: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=109237.0

Here's the thread.
>Marcus

GrindCustoms

Ring Stinger FTW!!!

You have a PCB for that? ;D

Quote from: flanagan0718 on January 16, 2015, 09:30:41 AM

Thanks

Rej

Hey Rej, I've been working on one with Cody and Layton but the first board was garbage. Tons of mistakes. I did a redesign (that I just finished last week) and was getting ready to update them. If you want I can send you the info as well. Just PM me your email and I'll forward the info over.

A MF102 project?

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

icecycle66

Strategy

I built the crazy GGG maestro ring modulator...what a crazy way to start a diy hobby. It sounds amazing though very old school "70s synth music" sound to it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 17, 2015, 12:15:23 PM
Ring Stinger FTW!!!

You have a PCB for that? ;D

Quote from: flanagan0718 on January 16, 2015, 09:30:41 AM

Thanks

Rej

A MF102 project?

It's not a mf102. If this next redesign works it will defiantly be cool. It uses a 3080. In my searches for a DIY RM there was a board that used the LM567 (not the C). If I remember correctly it was called the Logan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrindCustoms

Oh ok! I'll keep an eye out with your progress with that project.

I've built a Logan5 before... a tad to random in its behavior for what i'm looking for.

flanagan0718

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 18, 2015, 09:24:09 AM
Oh ok! I'll keep an eye out with your progress with that project.

I've built a Logan5 before... a tad to random in its behavior for what i'm looking for.
Ok I'll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk