News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino

Started by jcuempire, May 31, 2011, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcuempire

Here is my new neutrino.  It sounds great.  It's a little hummy (especially with single coils) but it's cool.  The white knob was not intentional.  The 3rd black one I got from Mammoth had a stripped set screw so I grabbed the only one I had laying around.  Thanks again to Brian for the great board and all the forum members for answering the endless questions.

and the insides:

jimmybjj

Wow, really cool looking.
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Great job Keith! Looks great! I know that single coils will hum anyways, but you might wanna try tying up both input and output sleeves so that the output is grounded as well.

I know the output is being grounded with the enclosure already, but it doesn't hurt to tie it up to the common ground, thus eliminating ground loops :)

This may or not reduce your hum, but heck, it's just a wire, it's worth a shot right? ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job. Decal looks good and very clean insides!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jcuempire

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.  I made a conscious effort to clean up the wiring this time without going too crazy.

Quote from: k.rock! on May 31, 2011, 02:17:03 PM
This may or not reduce your hum, but heck, it's just a wire, it's worth a shot right? ;)

Yes, I did it and I think it might have helped.  I used the LP with P90's on it just now it's only evident when you aren't playing.  With the distortion at 11 o'clock, it's got a right nasty snarl to it.  I like it alot.  Thanks as always for the tip.

night-B

I remember your first build like if it was yesterday, and man, congrats!
You build like a pro  ;)

jcuempire

Thanks, Julien, I appreciate that.  It's a killer hobby and it's made so much better by having a great community around to help and encourage you. 

I have some more projects queued up so I 'spose I should get working

willis3405

"Is This It" by The Strokes for the graphics? not a bad album.

jcuempire

Quote from: willis3405 on May 31, 2011, 09:18:56 PM
Is it on a Strokes record?  I found it on a science site.  It's the tracks of an early neutrino experimental collision.  I just thought it looked cool.

thetrend77

Quote from: willis3405 on May 31, 2011, 09:18:56 PM

That's what I thought when I first saw it lol

Excellent job though! I like the white knob, in fact I'd probably make all 3 white lol

plesur

Of course, this is the real cover to 'Is This It'

described as "either a stylish or graphically strong cover or a sexist Smell the Glove travesty."
:o

jcuempire

"what's wrong with being sexy?" - Nigel Tufnel

gtr2

Great pedal!  Love the graphics!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

Fantastic look, inside and out. I especially like the names you gave the controls.
One question: I really like the ribbon cable you used and haven't been able to find any like that. Have a link where I can find it?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jcuempire

Quote from: jubal81 on June 01, 2011, 11:26:25 AM
Fantastic look, inside and out. I especially like the names you gave the controls.
One question: I really like the ribbon cable you used and haven't been able to find any like that. Have a link where I can find it?

Thanks.  The cable is solid core from regular old Radio Shack.  It comes as 4 and I strip off the white (which you can see being used elsewhere)  Other than giving it the festive Christmas look, it keeps things organized for me and forces neatness where I am not otherwise likely to have any.

The names are the properties of neutrinos.  A quick google search took care of that.