News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Does anyone else have this problem?

Started by Luke51411, January 22, 2015, 02:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I build all these stompboxes so I can activate them while playing guitar and then I spend most of my time sitting on the floor adjusting knobs and activating the switches by hand...

mandrewbot3k

You just need more of each pedal so you don't need to adjust knobs. Just have different loops for each song. :P

I once saw a band that the guitarist had 6 boss dd6 pedals for different songs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

alanp

I play with socks on (I usually wear socks everywhere, but I'm not keen on wearing shoes, unless it's the outside world or in the car. At work, it's white gumboots.)

It's fairly easy to turn 1510 type knobs with socks on, and with practice you can hit toggle switches as well. It's a good trick for doing annoying crap when practice is getting into navel-gazing territory with the ?Flange in self-oscillation without being obvious that it's you :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

Maybe you should get something with presets? That way you don't have to turn knobs again.

add4

That's a sickness that comes when one thinks more about gear than playing... (see my post about loosing motivation for building to have details about how i ended up focusing on playing instead of building :) )

Luke51411

Quote from: add4 on January 22, 2015, 11:08:11 AM
That's a sickness that comes when one thinks more about gear than playing... (see my post about loosing motivation for building to have details about how i ended up focusing on playing instead of building :) )
I think part of it is that for me I don't necessarily have a "Tone" I'm chasing and I've never been really big on having favorite bands or guitar players. My musical tastes are also pretty eclectic. I just like to find things that sound good and experiment with them.
Also for me, Pedal building drives my motivation to play guitar and furthermore I enjoy playing a lot of different tones from styles of music that I don't particularly enjoy listening to. I guess I'm the sort of person that is all about variety and new experiences but sometimes it can drive you mad.