News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Silver Jubilee reissue

Started by teknoman2, January 22, 2015, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknoman2

Finally they make it....
I was trying to find an old silver jubilee of the back days without any luck.
The only downside is the price, obviously....
and that there is only the 100/50 watt head.
If they make the 50/25 watt head I will definitely buy one.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/21873-marshall-amps-reissues-the-silver-jubilee-2555-stack

mremic01

Let's hope they're exactly the same. The JCM 800 reissue supposedly lacks the balls of the originals. Supposedly the added fx loop is subpar and the transformers are crap.

Ceriatone has a nice clone. You can buy the kit or a finished amp, 50 or 100 watt versions.

teknoman2

rullywowr

I have an original 2555SL (Slash signature from the 90's) which is the Silver Jubilee 2555 circuit.  It has a wonderful lead tone, once you get the power tubes cooking.  Not much happening until you turn up the master to around 6 and then there is this "wall" where the volume jumps and the sound is heavenly.  It loves to be pushed on the front end with a tube screamer etc.  You can't run the amp with the master low and the gain high...it just sounds fizzy and lifeless.

The clean channel is "meh" and the in between tones are kinda "meh".  The best way I found to use this amp is to run it slightly crunchy and then roll your volume down for cleans.  I don't gig with it anymore because it needs to be so damn loud to get a good sound out of it.  I do enjoy playing it from time to time or I will break it out if I need to record some epic lead tones.  Otherwise, it just sits there...begging me to crank the piss out of it.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!