News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone see this yet, Cry Baby Mini

Started by DuctTapeRiot, January 22, 2015, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuctTapeRiot

Just saw this.  Would kill to get my hands on a couple of the enclosures used, so much cool stuff could be built.

pickdropper

Yeah, I saw that.  Wow is it small.  I'm really curious how usable it will be.  I may grab one just to try it out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Honestly... I think someone got ripped off  ::) OR at least capitalized on some free R&D and/or ideas...
I remember seeing someone build a wah into a 1590A over on DIYStomp a few years ago. I think it was Perrow.

Or maybe he wasn't ripped off.....  ???

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on January 22, 2015, 12:17:03 PM
I'll be that guy ...

CryFetus?

It could've been way more tasteless than that. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

ABOUT TIME! man I need a wah and volume/expression pedal in that form factor. Lets create a need for the enclosures and maybe one of the Chinese companies can make some knock offs.

Cody

Luke51411

I can't wait for a few years down the road when people are unloading these for $30!

rullywowr

Quote from: Luke51411 on January 22, 2015, 12:29:29 PM
I can't wait for a few years down the road when people are unloading these for $30!

Haha...wonder when they put all these new 'improvements' into the regular GCB95??  Selectable modes, rubber back plate, true hardwire bypass, super secret NOS inductor....etc.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Looks like they have the manual on their website already

http://www.jimdunlop.com/files/manuals/CBM95_man_WEB.pdf

The torque clutch seems like a cool idea.

Cody

DuctTapeRiot

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 22, 2015, 03:16:43 PM
The torque clutch seems like a cool idea.

Ya, would love to get a look at how that works. Just read over that data sheet, and it shows a current draw of 900uA (microamps, would be 0.9 mA), can that be right?

Edit: I guess it must be right, just looked up some other Crybabys and they are similar (Crybaby GCB-95 is 2mA, Crybaby classic GCB-95F is only 0.43 mA). Just seemed crazy low to me.

GermanCdn

Hate to say it, but it looks a little too small for practicality.  That being said, it's got some cool features.

Didn't Morley come out with a smaller wah a few years back (like 8" total length if memory serves)? 
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 22, 2015, 12:16:50 PM
Honestly... I think someone got ripped off  ::) OR at least capitalized on some free R&D and/or ideas...
I remember seeing someone build a wah into a 1590A over on DIYStomp a few years ago. I think it was Perrow.

Or maybe he wasn't ripped off.....  ???

Earthscum's Toe Jam Wah?

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=64752.msg773261#msg773261
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Cortexturizer

Yeah I guess it was just a matter of time hehe, cool stuff. I like the fact that it exists, but I don't like it's tone. It lacks the high end considerably and somehow sounds hollow to me, as a poor imitation of an actual full bodied wah, dunno, pretty underwhelmed by the sound.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Leevibe

I just want to gut one and have fun building my own wah into the enclosure.

The added features are just true bypass and a sweep cap switch. Big deal. There's so much more room to play around in there.

It looks SO COOL though!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Leevibe on January 22, 2015, 04:43:47 PM
I just want to gut one and have fun building my own wah into the enclosure.

The added features are just true bypass and a sweep cap switch. Big deal. There's so much more room to play around in there.

It looks SO COOL though!

Exactly!