News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Fish with 9V battery

Started by kgull, January 22, 2015, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgull

This one was a tight squeeze. I've had the board done for a couple weeks but I had to wait on an order of low profile jacks to fit behind the board. Also, I had planned the layout around the older Naughty Fish board but the 2015 update added a set of courtesy pads that made the board about a tenth of an inch too long. So, I chopped it off.

Still waiting on some bicolor LEDs and knobbys before it's finished but I finally got my low profile jacks and couldn't wait any longer.

Pedal itself sounds great, lots of interesting noises available. This one is definitely a keeper.

Luke51411

Nice squeeze! Love it. I also love those boilerplate pcbs, you'll notice them in a few of my recent build reports!

midwayfair

that is some quality squeezing ...  :o

Jopn

Wait a sec... where did the 4th screw hole go???

Luke51411

Quote from: Jopn on January 23, 2015, 12:13:49 PM
Some custom dremel work?

GrindCustoms

Nice squeeze!

Haha! That's awesome!

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

madbean

studiodunn

That is Double awesome!!!!!

billstein

Hopefully they'll take that box back! Can't believe they sent you one with only 3 screw holes.
Great work on this.

Hogharry

Great squeeze!

The easy way would be to used a box with 4 holes and Photoshop the battery in afterwards...
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

kgull

Umm...yeah...about that....that screwhole just had to go. Realized that a 9 volt would squeeze in the bottom of the box if I removed it. Came out fairly easily by drilling with a large bit then sanding down the ridges with a dremel.

These were the real MVP of this build though. The tips are actually sharp enough to scratch the metal a bit so I didn't need a punch and all my drill hits were exactly (well close enough) where I needed them. There were a few points where I was worried it wasn't going to happen but I'm rather happy with the way it came together.