News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirt dirt dirt, some gnarly fuzz and a heap of jellybean vomit

Started by cooder, January 23, 2015, 12:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooder

Haven't been boxing up much lately, lots of finished pcbs though and more half way sitting in a pile waiting for attention.
Finally got some time to get some done and was keen to give the new THCustom 'Ueberswitch' some action.

I admire and enjoy all your guys clever photoshopping, awesome laser engraving, etching of course, envirotex and all that. Super.

Yet for my stuff I go different just because I like it for myself like this, in fact my whole pedalboard looks like somewhat of an explosion of jelly bean vomit http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=18908.0

And labels I only do when I get a bit soft on me... like for the Doppelgaenger or the Snowy White autowah, odd controls which are indeed a bit hard to remember amongst it all. For the rest there's a 'secret' system in the chaos and I take a slightly twisted satisfaction out of the bedrazzled looks and lost faces I get when I plonk my my board on a stage somewhere.
(I guess I should see a shrink about that... but I ain't too bothered by it... ;)).

So welcome to the family, here we have from left to right
Box of Rock (without SHO boost section) with added input cap selector for more/less bass content
Juan's and Cleggy's SuperJudge, fab Marshall in a can, addictive
demo tape fuzz, faaaawnnnky and versatile unique sounding circuit, great fun
Skreddy Moonlander, super versatile Fuzz and great sounding on lower gain settings in distortion/OD settings too! Wicked, dig it. So much in there, just scratched the surface only yet. Fun fun fun.

guts in a row: THcustom Ueberswitch in action, super stuff! Great work Thomas! First impressions and experience: top notch!
All pcb designed by me, mainly because I like to have the board mounted pots so that I can top mounted jacks (no discussion about that, has to be for me) and because I like the challenge and well it's fun and so forth.

Moon Lander close up:

Super Judge has the clipping LEDs showing, nice light show while the window panes get blasted out of the frames

Box of Rock (without boost, which I think is the same as Zvex Distortron...?) In any case, nice cranked Marshall crunch, I called it JTM 45 and it does that noicely.

BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

TGP39

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 23, 2015, 01:09:46 AM
truly works of art!

Cody

+1.  These are beautiful builds. Did you bake those enclosures after the applied paint? Some envirotex would make this beautiful art really pop IMO.  I've been dying to build this Skreddy pedal. I was going to take a stab at the tagboard route.  Just really inspiring work.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Hexjibber

That Moonlander is awesome, looks like the topography of a gnarled alien world, love it! :)

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Jabulani Jonny

Oh man, those are gorgeous.  That moon lander is, well...out of this world good.  So i'm guessing paint then wash with some water, rinse and repeat?
Jonathan

bcalla

dropanchor812

The job on that moonlander is definitely my favorite.  Reminds me of a sinus infection, but in a really gorgeous way. 

Tremster

Some day Cooder might post something and everybody will think: this is not good.
But today is not that day.

Cortexturizer

crazy good. I am not normally into swirly paint but those look SO GOOD. bravo sir, perfect pcb designs as well.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

chuckbuick

Luke51411

I don't know if Jelly Bean vomit has ever looked so good!

rullywowr

They all look so tasty!  Great job, Cooder.  Spiffy layouts you have there for your top mounted jacks!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!