News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NotSoCompleteBuildReport

Started by GrindCustoms, January 25, 2015, 11:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

This is probably the built that have irritated me the most in the last couple months... it first started as a cool pedal trade with a well known member here.. sounds simple uh?

I first built it wich took me a while since i was always out there in the wild... when i finally sent it, it came back to me as i did a mistake in the shipping adress. Once it came back it was'nt working anymore... ...dunno what the hell happened there. After trying to debug the thing couple time without success i decided to start over.. and here it is now.

No top shot of this one as i'll leave the owner of the pedal take the final shot of it.

Madbean NutronII board using our PLFO in replacement of the stock one as it offer a shape control and behave better to my ears aka NotAPhasorII.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

cooder

Some very cool sandwiching goin' on there...! Great stuff Rej! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

chordball

Bad ass! Can you elaborate on the LFO board and how it changes the sound of the phasor? Or post a sound clip maybe? ;D

I'm really wanting to build one of these and you are not helping to curb that desire. ;)

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! :)

Hopefully it will please it's futur owner.

Quote from: chordball on January 25, 2015, 11:46:57 AM
Bad ass! Can you elaborate on the LFO board and how it changes the sound of the phasor? Or post a sound clip maybe? ;D

I'm really wanting to build one of these and you are not helping to curb that desire. ;)

I like to use that LFO in there simply because it had some flexibility to the circuit, having square/sine wave option and everything in between is something i found very fun to play with and it does'nt affect the actual sound of the unit compared to the original.

In the Audio section of this subforum i have a thread with couple clips of it.

Rej

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

I patiently await my new Phaser!

Just kidding.  I'm not patient.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

The black FR4 looks great in there. A giant black hole!

Cody

the3secondrule

I love the mutron II. Gonna have to get keefe to etch me another so I can try the LFO mod.
I also love squarewave phaser  8)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

blearyeyes

Black looks cool, nice build....

GrindCustoms

Everytime i build one of these and people comment that they'd be into building a new type of phaser... this is THE one! ;)

Thanks for the comments guys and yes it's Keefe that etched that one on that thick FR4 he had.

Quote from: pickdropper on January 25, 2015, 08:25:58 PM
I patiently await my new Phaser!

Just kidding.  I'm not patient.

Well... with the time lapse this have taken... i'd say that you're a very patient guy ;)

rullywowr

Classy layout and clean build.  Very nice, Rej!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!