Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soft BB preamp

Started by panchokunstmann, January 25, 2015, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panchokunstmann

Long time without update.

is a BB Preamp slightly modified:

in the diode # 1: The modification is an old diffuse green led  versus 1N4148 diode. the green led sounds less compressed, more organic and less saturated but the 1N4148 diode also has its charms.

Well, I used a JRC4580D that also delivers a less compressed and more organic sound that JRC4558.

Also I changed the curve of potencimeters (Vol and Gain) for a logarithmic curve, I think it works much better than linear curve.
outside:

yellow led :

inside: ( as always, I'm not proud but I think I'm improving )

regards

Hogharry

I really like the way that you tweaked it to how you wanted it to sound.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

jubal81

Clean & simple. I like it!
1N914 and ilk are my least favorite way to clip a signal. I bet the LED sounds great in there.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Luke51411

Simple but elegant an killer sounding I would imagine. Great build.

Coda-effects

Very clean ! I like it a lot with this color scheme

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

JoeDorcia

Oooo, very tempted to try the LED clipping in mine. Might socket and try a few different colours etc. Was it a 3mm diffuse you used?
Making noise since 2001... If only I knew what I was doing

Instagram.com/Twitter - @JoeDorcia pictures and pretentious ramblings about my son, coffee, food, pedals and guitars...

panchokunstmann

Quote from: JoeDorcia on January 26, 2015, 12:41:29 PM
Oooo, very tempted to try the LED clipping in mine. Might socket and try a few different colours etc. Was it a 3mm diffuse you used?

Thanks to all, really is very pleasant forum   8).

It is a 5mm led, I'll try different colors this weekend and some diodes that I have.

I'll tell you how everything is going

The pedal really sounds great, I love it