News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Small Baggies

Started by PhiloB, January 26, 2015, 02:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I'm going to be sorting transistors in a day or so and wanted to bag and label them.  Any tips on where to find these small bags like small bear use?  I noticed small bear sold them for .10 a bag but only after I had placed my order.
Any brick and mortar sell bulk of these small bags? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haberdasher

how many do you need?  i might be able to hook you up.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GermanCdn

Typically I pick them up at a dollar store type place (Dollar Tree, Dollarama, whatever Buck or less is available in your area) in the arts and crafts/make your own jewellery section.  Typically they're 50 bags for $1.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

rullywowr

Small baggies are available at WalMart, and the Dollar Stores. 

If you are using them for transistors, I would highly recommending buying some ESD safe ziplock bags (3"x5" or 4"x6").  They are pretty cheap online at places like eBay. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

PhiloB

Thanks guys! 
Just out of curiosity Rullywowr, why those bags?

Edit: never mind, I looked them up (anti-static bags)

pickdropper

Quote from: rullywowr on January 26, 2015, 03:02:05 PM
Small baggies are available at WalMart, and the Dollar Stores. 

If you are using them for transistors, I would highly recommending buying some ESD safe ziplock bags (3"x5" or 4"x6").  They are pretty cheap online at places like eBay.

+1.  Transistors, diodes and ICs go in anti-static bags. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

madbean

Walmart - $2 = 100 bags.

culturejam

I ordered a couple cases a few years ago from US Plastic. Probably won't ever use them all.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

PhiloB

Picked up 2"x3", 3"x4" and 4"x6" bags from Walmart.
I'll order the anti static bags soon:)
Thanks guys.

Muadzin

What an interesting contrast, you need them, I can't seem to get rid of them. I get so many small plastic bags with each order from Tayda that even though I try to throw them away, I keep on finding empty bags whenever I overturn or move something in my room.

madbean

Quote from: culturejam on January 26, 2015, 04:26:12 PM
I ordered a couple cases a few years ago from US Plastic. Probably won't ever use them all.

If they are the right size for me, I'd be happy to buy them off you. I go through tons of them. Walmart probably thinks I'm a g/d drug dealer.