News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ibanez Standard Fuzz?

Started by jtn191, April 30, 2011, 08:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thats sounds awesome chrisvereb! Makes me want an EQ pedal as I've never owned one.
After some frustrating moments remedied with a refreshing IPA I got this sucker together. My goal was to fit it in a 9x25 space as I have a few of those I got off ebay. Give it a look through as its my second layout. I look once with tired eyes. Some good mods too.

*Its from the schematic on the website not the two I posted. The combo schem

[attachment deleted by admin]
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191

Hey Magic,
I started working on this and was a little confused on the numbers of the stand-up resistors. From left to right I think it's R2, R4, R5, R11...then ???

So this is verified?

bigmufffuzzwizz

There are 9 stand-up resistors and in order from left to right they are; R2, R5, R4 (2 strips above), R11, R15, R21 at the top, R17 next to C10, R22 top, R18 bottom next to C11. It's not verified yet, I made this for your request. I have about 20 projects I just ordered for that I've been waiting to do first. If you don't complete this I'll include it in my next big parts order. I tryed to verify it to the schematic after finishing and it appears okay to my eyes. I'll give it another look over now that its been awhile and see if I notice anything wrong. I say go for it, its not a high parts count and I crammed everything for a tight fit.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Also I should more clearly note that for Q2, the base is moved over to the left one pad so the trace cut can go where the base normally would be.           (     o  )
                                                         ( o      )
                                                         (     o  )
I just looked at the datasheet for the 2sc828 and the pinout on that transistor is kinda goofy. Looking at the flat side front from L to R its emitter, collector, base. So to fit the layout I made, base and collector must be twisted. The flat side would face right putting collector at the top. I'll double check all this. I wanna make this project work  :)