News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digitech got a backup band in a stompbox

Started by jubal81, January 29, 2015, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

OK, I think this is one I have to have ...New Digitech TRIO. Apparently, it works kind of like a looper pedal, except instead of playing back your guitar, it adds drums and bass to play along with.

It hasn't been released yet, but I saw the price is going to be $179.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Muadzin

*calls rest of the band* You're all fired!

No more illiterate drummers who think they know better, cool bass players who get all the chicks or bandmembers who always get too late in rehearsal.

Seriously though, this is both cool and scary. Technology was already eliminating jobs in almost every area, now it can threaten musicians as well? They said that when robots would replace us all we would become artists instead. Now we can be replaced by a pedal as well?

pickdropper

I don't really see this eliminating bands (although my guess is that you were kidding).  It's far too limited for that.

It does look like a really cool practice tool.  If it works as well as it does in the video, it could be really useful.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

I thought this looked cool until I noticed there was no MIDI out to sync other MIDI enabled pedals. I think they missed the boat with leaving that out.  IMO

Cody

Muadzin

Quote from: pickdropper on January 29, 2015, 06:02:38 PM
I don't really see this eliminating bands (although my guess is that you were kidding).  It's far too limited for that.

For now I'm kidding. But I'm also looking ahead to the future, because this is probably just the beginning. After all, the first chess playing computer was a toy as well. Nowadays however it can defeat a world champion. And its not like the general public demands that real music well be made and played by real people. DJ's who copy/paste and play records are treated like they are actual musicans/rock gods!

QuoteIt does look like a really cool practice tool.  If it works as well as it does in the video, it could be really useful.

Aye, this is awesome shit. I definitely want one.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 29, 2015, 07:14:31 PM
I thought this looked cool until I noticed there was no MIDI out to sync other MIDI enabled pedals. I think they missed the boat with leaving that out.  IMO

Cody

Who knows? Maybe they're already working on fully fledged rack or floorboard monster unit and this is just the preliminary toy with which they are testing the waters.

jubal81

Asaide from just being fun to jam to, it'd be great for making quick pedal demos.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

Quote from: jubal81 on January 30, 2015, 12:51:22 AM
Asaide from just being fun to jam to, it'd be great for making quick pedal demos.

My thoughts exactly. I like it. So one has to play a riff holding good time and it will pick up and add drums and a bass line? Wow.

cooder

Looks really like a great practising and fun tool, I'm keen to get one....
BigNoise Amplification

Willybomb

Mojo Fandangle

Wow! The Beat Buddy seemed exciting but didn't quite have me. Glad I held out now.
Now I just need a pedal that turns guitar melodies into nonsensical lyrics.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

selfdestroyer

Hirti

That thing looks so cool but according to Thomann it costs 280€ here in Austria.. a bit too much for a fun pedal that I don't really need.  :-[

madbean

The fact that it detects chord changes and can follow is pretty mind blowing.

In 20 years we will have an A.I. version of this doing it all in real-time!

hoodoo

GASGASGASGAS  ;D. This and my harmony singer= band gone  ;) Would be a great tool for learning bass guitar too, i reckon, very cool.

mgwhit

My bass player emailed me this afternoon to say he couldn't make rehearsal this Sunday.  I just sent him the PGS video.