Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DNPD and a quite cool repair job...

Started by GrindCustoms, January 31, 2015, 08:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Some tasty pedals came in this week!

First, my FFX ClusterFuzz! First unit to make some noise in Canuck land! ;D

Amazing fuzz to play with, kinda hard these days to bring something new to the table... ...but this one is up to the game and by far.

Dave, is the laser engraver 3 axis?

Next is a DOD 690 AnalogDelay that popped on Reverb for quite cheap, as i was wondering if grabbing it or not... ...Cortexturizer who was hunting analogs at the same moment also poked me to grab it... lulz... could'nt resist.

Jubal81 grabbed it for me as he had other stuff to ship my way. :D

uBer Reticon BBD! The pedal needs a bit of love, cap job and clean up some previous work that had been done on it previously, otherwise it sounds great, kinda dark and the oscillation can be very musical.

Pictured with his Chorus bro!

Here a pedal i wish could be mine that came in for repair, have'nt had time yet to even plug into it or do any kind of search... but the sliders grabbed me by the feelings.

Unicord JumboFuzz

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

All kinds of awesome right there!

ClusterFuzz gut shot looks so clean. I will have mine soon also, can't wait.

The more I look at the older DOD stuff I just love the design. The simple artwork or lack of artwork. We need more pedals with rocker power switches on the top of them..

* selfdestroyer runs to the cave to see if I have any in my stash!

Great looking haul you got there Rej.

Cody

sonarchotic

All cool stuff and nice to see a gut shot of that Clusterfuzz!

How do you like the Jumbo Fuzz sound? I repaired and old 'Made in Italy' fuzz wah that looked similar a while back and the fuzz was god awful. The sound was super thin though my friend was happy enough with it. It looked like a similar board with some four transistor layout. Hope that one sounds better  ;D It certainly looks cool.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 31, 2015, 08:40:47 AM
All kinds of awesome right there!

ClusterFuzz gut shot looks so clean. I will have mine soon also, can't wait.

The more I look at the older DOD stuff I just love the design. The simple artwork or lack of artwork. We need more pedals with rocker power switches on the top of them..

* selfdestroyer runs to the cave to see if I have any in my stash!

Great looking haul you got there Rej.

Cody

While you're in the cave, check for a bit that does rectangle holes... they're freaking hard to come by!

I also dig the non-stylish look of the DODs, though i think the Ross wins that category.

Quote from: sonarchotic on January 31, 2015, 02:51:47 PM
All cool stuff and nice to see a gut shot of that Clusterfuzz!

How do you like the Jumbo Fuzz sound? I repaired and old 'Made in Italy' fuzz wah that looked similar a while back and the fuzz was god awful. The sound was super thin though my friend was happy enough with it. It looked like a similar board with some four transistor layout. Hope that one sounds better  ;D It certainly looks cool.

Don't know yet how the Jumbo sounds, have to repair it, hopefully it will sound great and not be in the alley of the owner and be able to manage a way to keep it! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/