News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I can see the funny side of it now! This little piggy...

Started by Hogharry, February 03, 2015, 10:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogharry

...has a shotgun!

P19 on a Mudbunny board, thanks to juansolo for providing the list of parts. Straightforward build, worked first time, sounded good, then I got to the enclosure. As a longtime Floyd/Gilmour fan I was headed towards the  obvious flying pig graphic when I remembered this little chap. It all went well and it was only when I started drilling through the Envirotex that I spotted my error. When I was laying out the decal in Inkscape I had put red dots at the centres of the holes, which was fine for the ones being drilled but I was planning to leave the Envirotex over the LED. I couldn't leave the dot there because it was too obvious, so I decided to drill it through. As I pushed the bulbous red LED through the hole I realised that I had aligned the LED perfectly with Mr Piggy's groin! Switching it on made matters a lot worse. :o I tried a green LED, thinking it would be less obvious but it just made him look radioactive (oddly appropriate as the Pig Cops are supposedly mutated human LAPD officers).

In the end I decided to strip the Envirotex off and start again. This was easier that I expected as the Envirotex is only on the top of the enclosure, so it is mostly stuck to the decal rather than the metal. The decal is a self adhesive sticker and by levering it away from the enclosure I could remove the decal and Envirotex together. This just left a little bit of Envirotex around the edge to remove with a sharp knife and some light sanding. I adjusted the graphic a little to be on the safe side, but I kept the green LED as it seemed appropriate somehow.

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

luks999

funny graphics :) nice build :)
the p19 is awesome, isnt it? tons of sustain :)

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Hogharry

Quote from: luks999 on February 03, 2015, 11:28:56 AM
funny graphics :) nice build :)
the p19 is awesome, isnt it? tons of sustain :)
Yes indeed! The smooth sustain works very nicely with the mid-hump.

Quote from: alanp on February 03, 2015, 03:01:01 PM
Duke Nukem!
A screenshot from original Duke Nukem 3D to be exact. I think it was the most playable 3D game of the era. This character is so typical of it's political incorrectness; it's a shame that you can't see all of the letters on his shirt in this image.  ;D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Willybomb

At first I thought it was Cyberswine... had to look a lot closer though.

Played a lot of D3D multiplayer back in the day...

nzCdog

selfdestroyer

GET SOME!

Great job.. and thanks for the memories.

Cody

raulduke

The other duke  ;D!

Love it.

I played that game far too much when it came out.

Hogharry

Thanks guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one who can get nostalgic over an old adversary.  8)

I just compared this pedal with my Violet Ram clone, which has a scoop/flat/bump mids switch. With a Strat bridge pickup the P19 sounded thicker with the Ram sounding more brittle to my ears. I like this one a lot. As Duke put it: "Let's Rock!"

AntKnee

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...
...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Great graphic idea. Nice build!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Hogharry

Quote from: AntKnee on February 06, 2015, 03:21:08 AM

A classic quote And then there's the typically modest "Damn, I'm good!"

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Hogharry

Quote from: AntKnee on February 06, 2015, 03:21:08 AM

Great graphic idea. Nice build!
Glad you like it. I was talking to my teenage son about this and when I told him the first part of the "bubblegum" quote he responded with the second half before I could say it. The surprising part is that he has never played any of the DN games but his explanation was that it is "one of the most legendary gaming quotes ever."

Quote from: rullywowr on February 07, 2015, 03:54:08 AM
"Let God sort em out!"  Nice graphic and pedal!
Thanks! "Nobody steals our chicks... and lives!"