News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZOMBII Built And Awesome

Started by hozy31, February 08, 2015, 06:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hozy31

Hey all,

Just built the ZOMBII this weekend in my first proper etch to board project and my god that is a good pedal. Used 2N2222As instead of Ge's and it sounds amazing.

Hoz

chromesphere

It's a nutcase isn't it? :) A million fuzz tones to be found in there, have fun twiddling those knobs! I've had many a :O "OMG..." moment with the zombii, stumbling across a particular combination that sounds kick ass.  Trains you to use your ears too.

Hey look! Theres my zombii right there :D
<----
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

hozy31

Yes it is a bit of a beast for such a simple circuit. Socketed the transistors so may try a few different Ge's in it as well.

TNblueshawk

I was just looking at some old boards I had and noticed I had this board. I had forgotten about it.

This inspires me to gather up the build docs and maybe put it together.
John

chromesphere

John it will take you about the whole of 10 seconds to assemble :D haha  Worth it though, its a bit of fun!
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

TNblueshawk

Quote from: chromesphere on February 09, 2015, 10:18:52 PM
John it will take you about the whole of 10 seconds to assemble :D haha  Worth it though, its a bit of fun!

Whoot! Done!

Actually I had a touch of burn out last year so when I finished my Marshall 18w early last year I took a break. I'm getting the itch again though. I think I got burned out making the speaker and head cabs. I spent a ton of time on the wood. I know this sounds nuts but I said maybe I should actually play my guitar and amp I just built instead of building stuff  :o

Sorry for the hijack Hozy.
John