News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trying to find a 50kB wah pot, help!

Started by DuctTapeRiot, February 10, 2015, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuctTapeRiot

Trying to find a 50kB (or ICAR) way pot to fix a modded Vox 847 Wah (not my mods), but having no luck at all.  I found this one on Small Bear http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/speed-pot-dunlop-rotovibe-ecb224/ but cant tell if its a A or B taper, and its not sealed.

I looked at smallbear, mammoth, ebay, pedal parts plus, but no luck.  Anyone have any ideas? As best I can tell my only other option is to go to a 100k, which might be better anyways as then I can get a good sealed Hot Potz with ICAR taper etc.

chordball

The rotovibe speed pot is audio taper. I had inquired with Steve about it before.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

DuctTapeRiot

Thanks chordball and dave, I will ask Joe, but sounds like the guy I am fixing it for is just going to go with a 100k to make it easy.

joegagan

thanks guys!
i have 50k log and rev log in stock, with 13, or 14 tooth gears available. i don't exactly list them all on ebay , they are the ones we use for boomerang replacement ( rev log ) and faux boomers.

for vox shell and wah, you want log taper. in my 28 point measuring system in actual wah shell, the log taper with our 13 tooth gear is so close to ICAR it isn't funny. i recommend the 13 tooth, if you trim the rubbers a wee bit and lower the switch, you get 100% of the r range, unlike most icar type pots.
madbean members, $18 shipped gets it. my paypal is joegagan@hotmail.com
you can see the details on it at my ebay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Pot-for-Maestro-BOOMERANG-wahs-SUPER-Quality-/121197534404?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

DuctTapeRiot

Thanks so much Joe!!  Just waiting to hear by from the guy i am fixing it for :)