News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laserwolf pre-order available

Started by madbean, February 13, 2015, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jalmonsalmon

Just ordered this PCB...
Looks to be a saaaaWEEET  build!
Thanks Brian!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

madbean

I will investigate more about the J112 and see if I can do a more available alternate. IIRC, I did try a 2n5457 but the results were better with the J112. But, it's not a huge deal...we are just talking about an LFO indicator light here.

agoldoor

So sweet about the Laserwolf! I hope my order went through *cross fingers*

What was the surf-rock one that was up there? I was looking forward to that one, but I already forgot what the name was again.

Muadzin

Any chance of a separate release of the OD section? It sounds quite interesting on its own.

madbean

Quote from: Muadzin on February 14, 2015, 05:42:29 PM
Any chance of a separate release of the OD section? It sounds quite interesting on its own.

I had not really thought about it, but if there is enough interest, sure. It would be very easy and quick to do a project for the OD section...perhaps with some tweaks for more gain, too.

Muadzin

add4

I'm quite sure that having a nice 'marshall in a box' type of pcb would be a great addition to the catalog.
I'd buy it (i know theres the 8 balls, but it's such an old design that i can't help but think that we can have better amp in a box type of pedals designs today).

madbean

There's enough cross-over with the supposed "Peacekeeper" fet project I was working on that this could just become the PK project.

I took a stab at the layout, added a MIDs trimmer plus a couple other small mods. I'll see about prototyping it in the near future.

strat68

Just noticed the Laserwolf pre-order and it's sold out.  Any plans for more?

madbean

Quote from: strat68 on February 20, 2015, 05:10:51 AM
Just noticed the Laserwolf pre-order and it's sold out.  Any plans for more?

I will do these in batches every couple of months or so. So, there will be another in April or May. I will announce it further ahead next time around.

I just got an update on this from the manufacturer: I should have the LW boards in hand on Tuesday March 10th. Everything is pushed back a bit because of the Chinese new year so of course all our manufacturers in Asia are on holiday.

aballen

hoping to catch this one next time around!

theleftfoot

yeahh, me too...please inform for new pre-order!

cheers raffa

madbean

I will have a sign up sheet in advance of the next order (I'll make it available around the middle of March). This will let everyone sign up for one so I know how many to order. IOW...no one will miss out on the next one, I promise!

aballen