News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass station

Started by the3secondrule, February 14, 2015, 12:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

My first build report for a while, this one has been a long time coming.
There's been a fairly consistent bunch of drives on my bass board for a while now and I'd been keen to put together a multi.
I was a little hesitant to put things in a fixed order as I'm always changing the order of drives on my board, and then I remembered I had one of Thomas H's Ultimate switch boards - relay switching, radio button style. Engaging one drive disables the one currently in use. I don't tend to stack my drives for bass, so no problem.

I give you the Bass-Station
Big Muff (civil war) > Roger Mayer Voodoo Bass > Kingslayer
Powercoated blue hammer enclosure from PPP

And guts. Not my neatest. I've been having trouble sleeping, so I dropped a sedative, then in a haze decided to wire the beast up. Not my smartest decision ever  ::) woke up in the morning and only half was working so I tore it down and totally rewired it - pretty happy with it now
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

playpunk

Dope. No comp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

the3secondrule

Not yet - i'm planning another 2-in-1 for my bass board - Madbean Kraken and either Afterlife or Jubal's DOD 280 comp.
Need to order another enclosure for that one though not sure if I want to go 1590BB or 1790 yet...

selfdestroyer

That hammertone looks great and I love the box layout with the relays. Awesome job man.

Cody

jimilee

Fanfreakintastic!!! What bass are you using?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

the3secondrule

Cheers guys - pretty happy with how this one turned out in the end :D
I do love the PPP hammertone finishes

Jimi, I'm playing a couple of squire P Bass'. a classic vibes 60's in sonic blue, and vintage modified in maple amber. upgraded Pups and wiring in both (dimarzio model P in the classic vibes, and SD Quarter Pounder in the VM)

TGP39

This is awesome and I love the switch board. Truly rad.

Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Very cool! Nice build and very functional! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

jimilee

Quote from: the3secondrule on February 15, 2015, 02:07:53 AM
Cheers guys - pretty happy with how this one turned out in the end :D
I do love the PPP hammertone finishes

Jimi, I'm playing a couple of squire P Bass'. a classic vibes 60's in sonic blue, and vintage modified in maple amber. upgraded Pups and wiring in both (dimarzio model P in the classic vibes, and SD Quarter Pounder in the VM)
I bet those PuPs drive the hell out of that thing then. Those are my favs so far. I have a couple of basses the the Ps and one with the quarter pounders.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.