News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD! Partscaster content

Started by Jabulani Jonny, February 16, 2015, 12:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

Hey guys,
I've been a bit slow on the pedals recently as I've been spending parts money on hardware for a new guitar.  Here's a parts caster I just finished up to scratch a tele itch.  I've never owned one and have been hankering for one for a while.  The body is an MJT Taos Turquoise medium aged body that I bought from a buddy of mine that does a lot of gear trading/buying.  I also got the flamed maple neck from him and the gold anodized pickguard.  It's an old neck and neither of us have any idea of the make, but it's gorgeous.  The frets needed a little leveling and recrowning, but it was fairly easy to whip into shape.  The rest of the hardware was either purchased from MJT or from eBay.  Really can't say enough about how good Mark & Matt Jenny are to deal with.  These guys are absolutely top notch in their craft and how they treat folks. 

The pups are from Cavalier Pickups.  Goodness gracious do these things sound freakin' fantastic.  I went with the Fat Lion in the bridge and the Lion King in the Neck, all with 4-way switching, well...because.  Man do these things sound awesome.  If you check out TDPRI.com and ask about pickups, you'll see Rob's pickups highly lauded.  There's a reason for it.  Great price too. 

Anyway, got to really put it through it's paces this past Sunday and man it was just lovely.  Not sure it will completely replace my Gretsch 6118T Jr, but it will definitely be getting plenty of playing time. 

Jonathan

pickdropper

That is absolutely, utterly fantastic.  I've been wanting a Tele with a Bigsby and this just about hits all the points for me.  I like flamed necks as well, so that's just a bonus.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Luke51411

She's a beauty! Lovely guitar!!!

PhiloB

Love the neck!  Great looking guitar all aroung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: pickdropper on February 16, 2015, 12:45:48 PM
That is absolutely, utterly fantastic.  I've been wanting a Tele with a Bigsby and this just about hits all the points for me.  I like flamed necks as well, so that's just a bonus.

Yeah, I got stuck on the Bigsby from my Gretsch.  I use it all the time when doing swells and sustains.  This one threw me for a bit though.  The string pins on the Bigsby are closer together than the string holes in the bridge, so the strings "fan out" a bit from the Bigsby to the saddles.  I had to notch the brass saddles to keep the strings in their place.  The saddles still move a bit, but I haven't noticed a drop in volume on the high E string from not being directly over the pole of the bridge pup. 

The other thing you have to keep in mind is what bridge to use with the Bigsby.  I like the classic tele bridge, but you'll see many folks use a jazz master type Bridge with the Bigsby.  If you use the standard bridge plate you'll need to Dremel out the back lip a bit to provide string clearance for the rocker bar. 
Jonathan

slimtriggers

selfdestroyer

Really dig that blue with the Anodized gold pickguard. Looks awesome together.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

playpunk

Sweet as could be! I like the idea of the mjt stuff.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

So gorgeous and so cool. Guitars like this help me warm up to the whole relic idea. Very tastefully done. Love the neck! And Bigsbys rock!

gtr2

Stunning IMO!

I have two MJT teles I've done.  I want a Bigsby on a tele someday.  You did it right keeping the stock bridge plate!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor