News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Pedal things you have never done...surprisingly.

Started by selfdestroyer, February 18, 2015, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Quote from: VanDerchuck on February 19, 2015, 10:01:50 AM
Quote from: billstein on February 19, 2015, 09:50:19 AM
I've never been able to stop buying PCB's I don't need.

I've never been able to build a KOT type effect. I've tried two separate Bluesbreaker boards from Aion, Rolly's Queen of Bone, Justin's Beast and everyone of them has something wrong that I haven't been able to figure out. It's probably the one pedal I want the most but it's kicking my butt.

I've got one side up and going, and I'm waiting on electrolytics for the second. Both are on vero board. I'm still undecided on if they're keepers. I need to try both at once and some midgets for clipping before I know if I want to box them up. If I decide to pass you're more than welcome to the boards for shipping and cost.

Thanks for the offer but I think I need to man up and learn how to troubleshoot better and I'm using this as an incentive. The offer was very kind and generous.

Vallhagen

Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 18, 2015, 03:45:08 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on February 18, 2015, 02:36:37 PM
I've never built a working FuzzFace.. lmao.. but so true.... ::)

Same here  :-\  It isn't stopping me from trying though....

I never got the money from the guy who bought the only fuzzface i ever built.

... maybe time to call him.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

blearyeyes

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 19, 2015, 09:54:30 AM
I've never been able to stay focused on the PCBs I buy to the point of finishing a batch before ordering more... One week it's phasers, the next ODs, the next Delays... By the time they arrive I'm on to the next interest...

THAT IS TOTALLY ME AS WELL! 

Every time I sort them out in the order I'm going to build them it is different.  I have taken it as far as coming around to the beginning and rediscovering all of the NOS Germanium Transistors I collected and thinking I just might build some of those boards from way back when, but then HABERDASHER releases some new boards and I haven't started the Flintlock, Celeste, or the Spaceharp, several of Brian's Kingslayers and other klone boards, Chunk Chunk, Deadringer, Egghead, etc., then the ARCADIATOR shows up or ROLO gets me with a dual board set for an awesome tremolo and I haven't boxed the DoubleGanger yet and the four compressors not to mention the Pork barrel which was the reason I started this whole thing so I'm just populating one of the ULTRASTONERs so that I can't say "I've never built a BIG MUFF!"

On a positive note, just think of the awesomeness when they are all finished!

[/hijack]

Luke51411

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 20, 2015, 01:09:31 PM
Quote from: Luke51411 on February 19, 2015, 09:54:30 AM
I've never been able to stay focused on the PCBs I buy to the point of finishing a batch before ordering more... One week it's phasers, the next ODs, the next Delays... By the time they arrive I'm on to the next interest...

THAT IS TOTALLY ME AS WELL! 

Every time I sort them out in the order I'm going to build them it is different.  I have taken it as far as coming around to the beginning and rediscovering all of the NOS Germanium Transistors I collected and thinking I just might build some of those boards from way back when, but then HABERDASHER releases some new boards and I haven't started the Flintlock, Celeste, or the Spaceharp, several of Brian's Kingslayers and other klone boards, Chunk Chunk, Deadringer, Egghead, etc., then the ARCADIATOR shows up or ROLO gets me with a dual board set for an awesome tremolo and I haven't boxed the DoubleGanger yet and the four compressors not to mention the Pork barrel which was the reason I started this whole thing so I'm just populating one of the ULTRASTONERs so that I can't say "I've never built a BIG MUFF!"

On a positive note, just think of the awesomeness when they are all finished!

[/hijack]
How many more will be waiting when those at all finished? Haha. Pcbs have a way of multiplying.

Mojo Fandangle

I have never rocked it before I boxed it.
I have never built a reverse polarity pedal because I'm scared of frying them with neg tip wall warts.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

blearyeyes

Quote from: madbean on February 19, 2015, 07:00:32 AM
I never, ummm.....
I never built a,
wait no I did that in 2007.

Hmm....once I decided I would never...
shit, forgot about that thing I did anyway.

Well, that's it. I've done it all. Just not well.

Hey, your Superbean dude avatar stopped blinking at me... are you ok ?

lincolnic

Quote from: add4 on February 20, 2015, 05:07:07 AM
i've never made clean, good looking guts.

I always TRY, look at the enclosure, plan, try to keep the wires as short as possible, and it always end up looking as if the flying spaghetti monster puked in my enclosure

Me too. I try really hard, and it never goes according to plan! At least I'm slowly getting better at it...

lars

Quote from: davent on February 18, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
Never built a distortion/overdrive i ended up enjoying.
Same boat here. Overdrive is the most elusive effect to be completely happy with. I havent built or tried a gaspedals dumbbell (single knob version) though...that might be the one.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

VanDerchuck

My $.02 is worth exactly that...

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

add4

Funny how it's completely the opposite for me. All my commercial drives have been opened and tweaked to my taste and my drive pedals are all my builds. That being said. A huge part of the drive sound comes from the amp you play. And mine takes pedals like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke51411

I've never drilled an etched pcb without breaking at least 3 bits (full disclosure, I've just completed drilling my first pcb)
I've never etched either as I got this undrilled board in a pif.

juansolo

Well I'd never riveted a shelf into an enclosure before today!  :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk