News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Various Etched Enclosures *Theremin Demo Added!

Started by Guitarmageddon, February 18, 2015, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Cool! I like your style man.

Now you only have to practice a little with the theremin to be able to do this:
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

pryde

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on February 22, 2015, 02:23:42 PM
Quote from: pryde on February 22, 2015, 07:26:53 AM
Thanks for the theramin vero link sir.
Having a bit of trouble following the mods and wiring you did compared to the vero drawing. Can you elaborate a bit more on the hook up for the external volume and RF controls? I assume the switch is just power interrupt.
Switch is just power interrupt, volume is just the standard voltage divider on the output. Paul revised his stripboard layout, I'd recommend you build the one I linked. Mine is built off the one he initially posted at BYOC about 5years ago, hence some differences.

Quote from: Coda-effects on February 22, 2015, 03:06:40 AM
Does it works well with other effects after it ? I am very curious to see how it can sounds with a POG for instance, or even a delay or reverb
Yes, of course! I had a fair bit of spring reverb on in the clip, but delay sounds cool too. I also like tremolo, flanger, phaser or Fuzz!

Thanks for the info. So what are the layout's 2 pots doing? On the layout there is a 10k trimmer on board, then a 1k pot off-board.

Also you just have your antenna wire connected to the enclosure right? Isn't that grounding it out? Sorry for the silly questions, I am starting to populate the vero and trying to figure out things here.
EDIT: I see you have a closed output jack so ground is isolated from enclosure yes?

THanks

Guitarmageddon

I haven't built that second vero, but on the one I built one pot locates the oscillation point (set-and-forget), so that I put internal, while the other controls the range and sensitivity, that's the one I put externally.
I don't have it here now, it's on it's way to a studio in LA, but the external pot was the 10k IIRC.
You connect the antenna wire to your antenna- the enclosure in my case, but if you experiment you'll find all sorts of metal objects will work. Don't ground the circuit and the antenna. I used plastic jacks so the enclosure is isolated.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

pryde

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on February 26, 2015, 08:07:38 PM
I haven't built that second vero, but on the one I built one pot locates the oscillation point (set-and-forget), so that I put internal, while the other controls the range and sensitivity, that's the one I put externally.
I don't have it here now, it's on it's way to a studio in LA, but the external pot was the 10k IIRC.
You connect the antenna wire to your antenna- the enclosure in my case, but if you experiment you'll find all sorts of metal objects will work. Don't ground the circuit and the antenna. I used plastic jacks so the enclosure is isolated.

Great thank you. Final questions:
do you think the range/sensitivity pot is worth mounting external?
what value pot did you use for your volume control on the output?

all your help is greatly appreciated.

Guitarmageddon

1. Nope, but YMMV.
2. A100K

Look forward to seeing your build!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: micromegas on February 24, 2015, 02:14:53 PM
Cool! I like your style man.

Now you only have to practice a little with the theremin to be able to do this:

Thanks M&M! ...and it'll be a while before I can pull that off on my stone age device   ;D -great little clip!
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com