News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First mouser order - anything I should grab?

Started by m-Kresol, February 21, 2015, 02:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

I'm putting together my first mouser order as I can not find the slider pots with LEDs anywhere else. To make this worth my while and more importantly the shipping costs, I'll get a few other things I maybe don't need right now, but will in the future.
Is there something you'll always get from Mouser that I should add to my shopping cart?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

RobA

They are the supplier for the JRC parts (4558, 13700, etc.). So, I usually pick up some of these there. The part numbers are under NJM, like NJM4558 if you search for them.

You can usually find some pretty decent prices on Epcos film caps there, but you have to search through what they have now because the prices seem to move around quite a bit.

C0G MLCC caps are often pretty cheap there.

Nichicon FG (fine gold) audio electrolytics.

200 packs of the Xicon resistors, although they did recently go up in price.

Xicon polystyrene caps if I happen to want some of these.

They carry all of the Hammond boxes in 1550 and 1590. They aren't cheap, but they usually have everything in stock.

They have decent prices on AVR processors if you care about that. They also carry lots of ARM processor development boards form the various manufacturers and some of these are really cheap. Some of them are insanely expensive too.

They carry some other pots that are hard to find anywhere else. Along with the slide pots you mention, the Bourns guitar pots, like the MN taper blend pots are usually in stock and I haven't found them at a decent price anywhere else.

They do still have some PTH transistors available if you are looking to stock up on any of these before they all disappear.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

kothoma

Luke51411

I usually get low profile electrolytics there and 1/4 inch jacks

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Luke51411

jkokura

Quality caps and quality resistors for me are usually a big portion of my Mouser orders.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

playpunk

Dang I am getting some of those knobs when I make my next order. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Luke51411

What good caps do they have? Everything other than electros I've seen are kind of pricey. For my purposes at least but maybe I'm missing something.

dadler

TreeSlayer

"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

m-Kresol

Thanks for the input, but I just realized that the slide pots I wanted are not available in the desired values. So for now, the order is off the table.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials