News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ammocan - DOD280 Compressor, Klon, Egghead - now with knobs!

Started by Willybomb, February 22, 2015, 01:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Here's Ammocan, it's the usual DD enclosure with:

- 280 compressor on vero, thanks I\/Iark.  I think it works.  At least the knobs do stuff.  I also used a vactrol instead of the LED/LDR combination.
- APIS klon.  Got it already populated from someone on this board.  Sorry, cant find the thread or msgs as to who I brought it off. May have been a PIF now that I think about it.
- Madbean Egghead.

I reckon at full gain the Klon and Egghead sound pretty similar, but they stack really well.  As everyone says, using the klon as a clean boost is a good thing.

The finish is my usual etching primer, waterproof laser adhesive paper, 1k clearcoat.  The pattern is taken from the multicam website and didnt come out as dark as it was supposed to.  I'd done multiple attempts at finishing with photopaper and t-shirt transfers but I'd ended up sanding it bare a number of times.  The 1k goes yellowish if not careful... like this time.

Anyway, it's as neat as I can do... knobs are coming.

bcalla

That's fantastic!  But how will you find it on your pedalboard?   ;)

Willybomb

juansolo

Impressive camoage. Just don't ever play it in a forest!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 24, 2015, 05:47:48 AM
Impressive camoage. Just don't ever play it in a forest!

Indeed!

I like the knobs on there.  They fit well with the graphic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Willybomb

Camouflage.  The greatest colour you've never seen.

QuoteI like the knobs on there.  They fit well with the graphic.
Thanks.  Tayda was out of the black ones, so I went with green.  A darker green would have been nice but these are the same shade as the LEDs!

Leevibe

Right on. When people ask you about that special X factor in your tone, you'll know it's the compressor that you can't hear in he enclosure you can't see  :D