News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Affect just the wet on Rub a Dub

Started by mcallisterra, February 26, 2015, 01:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcallisterra

I was looking to build the Rub a Dub reverb and thought it would be cool to add something like a Smoothie to just the wet signal of the reverb on a switch so it could be bypassed. I thought it might be a cool effect to have phased reverb but the direct signal be intact and unphased (ha).

I asked Josh and he said he thought there would be an impedance mismatch and that it probably wouldn't work right without an opamp for buffering. I'm still a relative n00b, so would this be possible? More trouble than it's worth? I appreciate any ideas from you guys on how to make this work if it can be done :)

mcallisterra

I just remembered I have a JMK Panner PCB that I haven't used for anything yet. Since this splits the signal into two buffered signals, could I use it as follows?

I think this would make the Blend pot on the JMK Panner give just reverb at one end, and then fully phased reverb at the other end of the sweep.

Does this look like it would work?

timbo_93631

It should be fine, I've done a number of FX loops on the multiplex, ZPDD, ZP DLX, Micro, etc., between lug 3 of a delay mix pot and pad 3 of the pcb using the JMK panner, nucleon clean blend, and TH-customs madbox this way. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

mcallisterra

Quote from: timbo_93631 on February 26, 2015, 05:14:56 PM
It should be fine, I've done a number of FX loops on the multiplex, ZPDD, ZP DLX, Micro, etc., between lug 3 of a delay mix pot and pad 3 of the pcb using the JMK panner, nucleon clean blend, and TH-customs madbox this way. 

Thanks! Just wanted to check :)