News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Theramin Help (SOLVED)

Started by pryde, March 01, 2015, 02:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hoping some extra eyes can get me out of the hot box here. I did a theramin vero layout based on Guitarmageddon's build here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=19947.0

Here is the vero layout from Paul in the Lab:
http://www.paulinthelab.com/2012/04/theremin-veroboard.html

I have poured over this thing countless times, cut vero tracks, checked continuity and no luck getting it going. On the test rig the antenna wire is hooked to an isolated enclosure/aerial (not grounded). The trim pot and 1k off-board pot have no affect. When I touch the arial I get a local radio station coming through the speaker along with a prominent hum all the time.

Problem is there is no schematic/voltages that I know of so not sure what else to do. I am getting 5v on the output of the regulator. IC voltages are different at respective pins so IC2 could be a problem but not sure? I will list voltages for what its worth and close pics of front and back. THanks.

IC1:
1. 2.8  14. 5v
2. 2.8  13. 2.3
3. 2.8  12. 1.9
4. 2.8  11. 2.2
5. 2.1  10. 2.1
6. 2.8  9.  2.2
7. 0     8. 2.2

IC2
1. 2.2  14. 5v
2. 2.3  13. 0
3. 2.2  12. 5
4. 2.5  11. 0
5. 2.3  10. 5
6. 2.4  9.  0
7. 0     8.  5v

Hangingmonkey

Just started building one this weekend but have off board wiring still to do. If I get it working I can post some voltages.
Is there a solder bridge 4th strip from the bottom on the right, could just be the flux, can't tell from pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pryde

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on March 01, 2015, 04:00:27 PM
Just started building one this weekend but have off board wiring still to do. If I get it working I can post some voltages.
Is there a solder bridge 4th strip from the bottom on the right, could just be the flux, can't tell from pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope I found the problem finally  :)
I had the north side of R2 one hole to low. Moved it up and all is well!
Super spacey weird fun. Works awesome and will get it boxed asap. On the test rig I am just using a 125B box for the aerial and it works well but I might use a bigger one to see.

Thanks for looking at it

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com