News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Demo of 3xPT2399 Reverb

Started by whitedoughnut, March 04, 2015, 04:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitedoughnut

This is my attempt to create the reverb module out of 3xpt2399 based on schematic lying around the web with some of mod  ;D

culturejam

Very impressive!

To me, it sounds *just* like the module. But the difference here is that all sorts of parameters can be adjusted. Well done!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

It sounds really nice! Equinox based? or did you use the proposed schematic in the patent?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jubal81

Quote from: culturejam on March 04, 2015, 07:01:46 AM
Very impressive!

To me, it sounds *just* like the module. But the difference here is that all sorts of parameters can be adjusted. Well done!

Including ditching the modulation!

Great work.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chordball

Very interested! I'm not a fan of the modulation in the bricks, at least not as an always on option.

icecycle66

diablochris6

Great job! This sounds like you could get the strengths of the Belton without the weaknesses (modulation and cost). I'll be keeping an eye on this.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

whitedoughnut

Thanks for your appreciation!!  ;D

Btw, I found the traced schematic of belton btdr-1 in the russian forum ( http://guitar-gear.ru/forum/topic/3578-belton-btdr-1/ ), here is the hand drawn schematic in that forum by Новичок/saha

(Please follow the link above if the image is not showing, the schematic is in the page 3)

The schematic above is not working really well, the result that i got at the first is just crazy oscillation. But after change value of some component, it's working well. Here's what I change:
1. Caps between 10-9 pin of the pt2399 by 47n, 47n and 10n for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd
2. All the weird R value change to nearest value (4k9>4k7, 11k8>12k, 3k94>3k3)
3. R at the VCO pin of the 3rd IC to 4k7
4. R between the input and the output of summing op amp to 6k8

I used 741 for the summing amplifier and 74HC14 for the schmitt trigger, now I'm designing pcb layout for it and maybe will change the schmitt trigger IC to the relatively small op amp, also I will try to find the best op amp for the summing amplifier which enough powered just by 5v supply  :D

...Also I'm not sure if the decay of the reverb actually control by the feedback at pin 12 or it's the VCO of the pt2399??
currently I'm busy with the other work, so I have not been able to continue this  :'(

selfdestroyer

I finally got to put some headphones on a give this a listen. Very very cool, I hope to see this take off to a few projects. Would be fun for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

Cody

whitedoughnut

Current development of the layout, it's in eagle :D and not verified yet, pm if you are interested and may be anyone can help me to verified this layout?  :-\

selfdestroyer

Very cool layout. Im very interested in this, ill toss you a PM.

Cody

alanp

Minor note, your text on what it is is placed on the bottom, on the copper layer (under the 8pin IC)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

whitedoughnut

Thanks! But maybe dont you think it's still too big? SMD maybe?  :) Also as I posted I noticed that the clearance is just too tight  :o

Oh yeah, forget about it thanks alan!  ;D

Albuquerque

Hello everyone! My name is Rafael and I'm Brazilian. (I'm currently using Google Translate, so please forgive me for some grammatical error.)
I'm very curious to know about the Belton clone. I analyzed the circuit on the Russian site and I understood the concept. Has the prototype made by whitedoughnut been updated?