News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ultrastoner questions

Started by AntKnee, March 06, 2015, 01:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Just building myself one of these (to Ultrastoner specs) and have a couple questions...

Am I understanding correctly that Cx and Cy are only used on the builds where they are labeled on the spreadsheet?

Are diodes 1-2 meant to be 1n914, and then D5-9 meant to be the other listed diode (1N4148), or vice versa? Or can they ALL be one or the other? I ask so that I don't make two switch positions sound the same.

Thanks!
Can't wait to get this rocking.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

selfdestroyer

QuoteAm I understanding correctly that Cx and Cy are only used on the builds where they are labeled on the spreadsheet?
Correct.

QuoteAre diodes 1-2 meant to be 1n914, and then D5-9 meant to be the other listed diode (1N4148), or vice versa?

You can can use either 1N914 or 1N4148 in any of the positions. I used all 1N4148's in D1-2 and D5-9

Cody

AntKnee

Thank you!
I thought so, just wanted to be sure. I used all 1N914 in mine.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: AntKnee on March 06, 2015, 03:58:56 AM
Thank you!
I thought so, just wanted to be sure. I used all 1N914 in mine.

Enjoy it, its a great sounding circuit for sure. If you ever want something with more mids and can cut through any mix, I suggest making the TSM680 Mk2 on the Ultrastoner board. It has not left my board since I made it.

Cody

AntKnee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 06, 2015, 06:40:14 PM

Enjoy it, its a great sounding circuit for sure. If you ever want something with more mids and can cut through any mix, I suggest making the TSM680 Mk2 on the Ultrastoner board. It has not left my board since I made it.

Cody

Cool, thanks! I got 4 boards, intending to try multiple variations.

GrindCustoms

The DGM3 and VRH with the added function of the Shape control makes it a completely other beast, highly suggesting those 2.

TSM680 is a thing of beauty... all those 4 including the Ultra specs are 4 BMP with their unique character.

Have fun!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/