News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser, Customs, Taxes, Foreign Orders

Started by GrindCustoms, March 06, 2015, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I've been ordering on a regular basis from Mouser for the past 3 years, at least 1 order every 2 months, always 200$ orders since the shipping was free and fast.

For the first time this month, 2 of my orders got stuck at the borders and had to pay sale taxes on them, Total of 435$ of order for around 150$ of sale taxes i had too pay on top.

I'm not complaining here.... but still that i prefered when i was'nt paying taxes on my orders (who would'nt!?).

My question is, any of you from CanuckLand made some orders lately and had to pay sale taxes?

On another note, while all that got stuck at the customs i was in the middle of working trip and unbable to call FedEx in the buisness hours to settle the payment of the taxes so i get delivery of my packages. Since my living location is deserved by an independant courrier... so they won't take credit card payment on delivery of the package.
So i went through alot of email exchange with a customer service employee at Mouser called Juliannetta... Huge props to that women as she always answered my email and setup the whole payment thing with FedEx for me, thing that they usually don't do.... So yeah, most excellent service from those folks and if i could i'd get a flower delivered to her. ;)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GermanCdn

The CCRA is getting a lot stingier on shipments as of late, both on the size of the order they'll hit and the amount they ding you for.  I have no idea what the threshold is, but I'm gonna guess it's somewhere in the $100 range now.  It used to be (not that long ago) that sub $400 shipments would normally go through without anyone caring.  Guess the free ride is over.  Still beats the "bend you over and pound" tax, better known as the VAT, in the Eurozone though.  That thing chaps your ass all night long.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 06, 2015, 02:51:02 PM
The CCRA is getting a lot stingier on shipments as of late, both on the size of the order they'll hit and the amount they ding you for.  I have no idea what the threshold is, but I'm gonna guess it's somewhere in the $100 range now.  It used to be (not that long ago) that sub $400 shipments would normally go through without anyone caring.  Guess the free ride is over.  Still beats the "bend you over and pound" tax, better known as the VAT, in the Eurozone though.  That thing chaps your ass all night long.

I'd tend to agree with all you stated here.... though.. i still find it strange... i.e.: The STM800 groupbuy, that was a 900$CAN Mouser order and it went through like a hot knife in butter. And that order happened sometime in december or something like that...

Anyway, just need to assume our reality.. hehe
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/