News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mkIII tonebender

Started by cjkbug, June 11, 2011, 09:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

mkIII tonebender done on perf with oc75's and a roadrage board. finished with varigated 24k goldleaf and polyurethane witch I over cooked causing the dark amber color. I actually liked it better so I left it like that ;D

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

pandadandan

Hahaha colour-matched Jackson Pollock interior!

Slick.

stecykmi

that's pretty boss, what kind of resistors are those on the right hand side?

slimtriggers

I like the finish it looks like some kind of exotic animal print.

Quote from: stecykmi on June 11, 2011, 10:32:35 AM

Those are Vishay-Dales.  The really cool thing about those is that they have the resistor value printed on the side, so you don't have to use those color band charts.   8)

night-B

How does it sound? Do you prefer the classic FF? Awesome finish as usual!

redbean

I really like the color!
es là-bas!!

cjkbug

they are military spec resistors which are great for perf builds as the leads are really long and very heavy duty. I save all the clippings for jumpers and making board mountable pots etc. I use those resistors for everything now. having the value printed on the part makes debugging a little easier.
Quote from: slimtriggers on June 11, 2011, 11:17:09 AM
I like the finish it looks like some kind of exotic animal print.

Quote from: stecykmi on June 11, 2011, 10:32:35 AM

Those are Vishay-Dales.  The really cool thing about those is that they have the resistor value printed on the side, so you don't have to use those color band charts.   8)

cjkbug

sounds sick. great for Zeppelin stuff like "whole lotta love" I do pefer the fuzz face over it as the tonebenders don't clean up as much with the volume knob on your guitar I always have one of each on my board as they are 2 completely different animals. I got a bunch of oc81's so I think I'm gonna make a few more benders.
Quote from: night-B on June 11, 2011, 01:15:55 PM
How does it sound? Do you prefer the classic FF? Awesome finish as usual!

nzCdog

Quote from: cjkbug on June 11, 2011, 09:02:21 AM
mkIII tonebender done on perf with oc75's and a roadrage board. finished with varigated 24k goldleaf
:o Yowsah! Real Bling!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

OOhh!! That is one mojo-riffic build you got here!
I bet that thing nails Zepplin tones! You gotta try it through something like a champ!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals