News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LoopCore

Started by GrindCustoms, March 09, 2015, 01:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Yo! As i'm trying to get through the purposed built pedals for my MarkIV setup, i finished what is going to be the core of my FXLoop.

It starts with a MasterBypass provided by 1776's Relay system followed by a loop into Madbean's ZPDD Delay into a loop into 1776's RaDD DLX Reverb into a loop and then Madbean's 2010 Bloviator/SonicMaximizer that was etched by Guitarmaggedon couple years ago that i salvaged from another multi into another loop and then the output...

The amount of jack loop is almost ridiculous but this way i can break the whole unit in blocks and keep the master bypass for the whole loop effect chain... ...and also because building other multis to fill the loops is required.

Cheers!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

luks999

thats impressive rej :-) love the idea of jacks
did you do the enclosure yourself?

TGP39

My brain is spinning! I see jacks and loops and...oh hell. This is fantastic. I could never think of doing something this cool. Hats off to you Rej. Just amazing really.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

gtr2

WOW!

Are you using switched jacks?

J
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

juansolo

Insane and awesome. Insome? Awesane!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! Will be even more fun once all the pieces of the puzzle are assembled :)

Quote from: luks999 on March 09, 2015, 01:28:22 AM
thats impressive rej :-) love the idea of jacks
did you do the enclosure yourself?

Thanks, yep i did the enclosure myself, don't know who could have done it anyway, so i prepared 2 of those yesterday...

And will fit perfectly with the Pre-AmpInput core multi that i did previously :D

Quote from: gtr2 on March 09, 2015, 03:40:40 AM
WOW!

Are you using switched jacks?

J

Thanks Josh, yeah i used switchcraft type enclosed jacks, i also remove the tabs that i don't use to keep the whole thing cleaner.

In the pic below, it can be seen that i had to do some machining to the middle screw post to be able to fit the jacks, though.... i had'nt of the added height of the DualGang pot of the RaDD... so for the loop between Delay and Verb it's the Output that is switching instead of the normaly used input. Idea was that it breaks the chain when i plug something into both jacks and that there's continuity when nothing, i still won.... hehe :)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

luks999

awesome job there ;) like the crocodile / dinosaur kinda look, very unique ;)

jimilee

Nice Rej!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

IT LIVES!

Great job Rej. Came out awesome.

Cody

Hogharry

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

pryde

Cool technique on the enclosures. Either you dragged them behind a car or you took a dremel cut-off wheel to the surfaces  :)

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: pryde on March 10, 2015, 03:26:10 PM
Cool technique on the enclosures. Either you dragged them behind a car or you took a dremel cut-off wheel to the surfaces  :)

Dremel all the way, i've used my Dremel more at doing those finishes in the couple past years than anything else.  ;D

pryde

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 10, 2015, 06:46:22 PM
Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: pryde on March 10, 2015, 03:26:10 PM

Dremel all the way, i've used my Dremel more at doing those finishes in the couple past years than anything else.  ;D

So awesome. Love the creativity 'round here.

nzCdog

monstrous!  what a beast! 8)