News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZEN Balance

Started by pryde, March 09, 2015, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my Zendrive. Got the loaded pcb from another member but it had some issues that needed fixed. Got it sorted and decided I really like this overdrive. One of those must-try dirt boxes that I have never got around to building. Very rich sounding with just the right amount of mid-range. Playing with an AD712 and like it but may try some other opamps just because. Open to recommendations.

It features the OBD green from PPP and a custom etched round plate with silver tinning. I like the simplicity of this one. I have some other overdrives I will be posting as well as I built a bunch recently trying to find some keepers  :)

cooder

Very nice and clean, Pryde! Great build!
The latest incarnation of Zendrive made under lovepedal contains apparewntly the NE 5532 chip, not I know if it makes much audible difference if at all or if it's just a choice of being cheaper.
So far I've had the AD712 in mine as well and dig that too.
BigNoise Amplification

billstein

Really nice. That's a great color and that etch is perfect. Is it fr4? How did you cut that circle?

bcalla

Very nice!  The etched badge is perfect.

brejna

Cortexturizer

awesome build pryde. the zen has remained my favorite to date of all the mid-content heavy overdrives
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pryde

Thanks everyone. Yes the etched badge is FR4 with liquid tin. I used my table sander to round it out then finished the edge with hand sanding.

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

luks999

very nice zen drive :-)

Govmnt_Lacky

Great looking build and very nice photography skills!

Tell us the truth... you turned those knobs so you could see every indicator in the pic.  :P  ::)

pryde

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 10, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

Tell us the truth... you turned those knobs so you could see every indicator in the pic.  :P  ::)

You got me...total poser shot  ;D

Hogharry

Lovely build! I like the pot labels.
Quote from: pryde on March 10, 2015, 09:47:59 AM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 10, 2015, 09:13:24 AM

You got me...total poser shot  ;D
I thought you were just one of those people who like to max everything out all the time!  :D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

nzCdog

thats really nice... i love the faceplate and the look of this one... great job