News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best vendor for pickguard?

Started by PhiloB, March 12, 2015, 11:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I bought a pickguard from guitar fetish and with disappointment the holes didn't line up. 
Who do you recommend for purchasing a pickguard and strat knobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

eBay!!!!!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Any particular vendor Jimilee?

PhiloB

Just found some important info.  Strats built before 2002 had different hole layout.  Guess that's why the Guitarfetish pickguard didn't fit my '91 strat!

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on March 12, 2015, 12:41:20 PM
Any particular vendor Jimilee?

whomever has ones with no holes, those are
My favorites. But on my bass, I just made new homes, it's not like I'm gonna be taking the new pick guard off and the hikes are so shallow anyway.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

luks999

these have a nice selection :)
someone recommended them on an other forum, ive never tried them
http://www.greasygroove.com/pickguards

i used ebay or thomann or local dealer so far...

Willybomb

I haven't tried them, but I had a crack on the Warmoth pickguard thing, and it seemed pretty reasonable pricewise.  Dunno what it would be like to get it shipped to AU though.

AntKnee

Yeah, I was gonna say to check the year/model of your strat. There are some variations in the drilling.

I've also found that if the holes are really close, but your screws want to go crooked, to just barely put them in and tighten each one a little at time. I had a pickguard warp on me, so I straightened it with an iron, which slightly shrank the pickguard, and this was how I got it back on.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".