News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hendrix in a box?

Started by luks999, March 12, 2015, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luks999

i know folks the hendrix stuff has been done to death... but im a huge fan
and i had this idea recently to do kinda big pedal which covers all of his sounds, that mean one box with:

-) fuzz, fuzzface
-) octavia
-) univibe
-) wah (maybe autowah ? )

dont know if i every gonna start this, but would be useful box though for jams / rehearsal

everyone every done something like this?

cheerz

jimilee

I'd say just about all of us have. I built a box with my must have effects for grab and goes, Juan builds concept boxes, it's great fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

That's a really good idea for a multi-effect project.

I'll put in one small plug here - I am working on a 1590B Univibe so if it works out that would be a good candidate to put in with a fuzz and octave in maybe a 1790NS. Anyway, I think is exactly what I will do with my build now that you got the engine fired!

slimtriggers

dont-tase-me-bro

that could be a cool laser wolf 2, especially with expression pedal inputs for the vibe and wah
I thought this would save me money.

luks999

ha im glad you like the idea.

yeah the only thing i wasnt so sure was the wah.
has to be a real wah for jimi songs.
the expression pedal input are a great idea. the only thing required in tge pedal is a pot for the wah or so

but then its not just one box... hmm

the univibe in the 1590b format would be really good for that. brian there are no pads for an expression pedal right? have to take a look how this works for the vibe anyway

Muadzin

I'd say either add a wah pedal in front of the box, or add some send/return jacks at the right point in the FX chain. I know the desire is strong for a one in all box, but some concessions to realism have to be made from time to time.

madbean

Here's the way I would do it: expression pedal input for the wah OR the univibe. Just select which one with a switch. That would be epic.

TGP39

Quote from: madbean on March 14, 2015, 12:21:18 PM
Here's the way I would do it: expression pedal input for the wah OR the univibe. Just select which one with a switch. That would be epic.

Epic is what Madbean is all about! 😉
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

luks999

yeah it truly would be!
that captain coconut is amazing, im thinking of something like this...

the way i think about it now is to put 2 fuzz face circuits in there , one germanium (mangler) and one silicon

@brian: you say you have a harbinger that fits in a 1590b, that would be perfect for that pedal, since i need to save space. when its gonna be released, do you have some spare boards?

Cortexturizer

The best thing about this is that I would expect the same pot taper to work really well for both those things!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

luks999

Quote from: Cortexturizer on March 20, 2015, 02:45:10 AM
The best thing about this is that I would expect the same pot taper to work really well for both those things!

thats what i asked myself too. good to know.
but the vibe needs a dual rev log spot, and wahs have a single log pot, or is there something i dont understand?

Cortexturizer

was it a rev log for the univibe, oh snap then it would be totally wrong for the wah...the only way to do it then would be with the attiny/vactrol combo and the programmed response curves for each of the effects...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams