News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Unit / Arcadiator / Alice 2.5

Started by juansolo, March 04, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: juansolo on March 08, 2015, 03:24:14 PM
Here you go, not my tidiest work by a long way, but you can see the shelf under the Sharkfin. There's another under the StageFright.

Looks pretty tidy to me!  What are those shelves made out of? Also, have you ever used the long pin alphas to stack PCBs in an enclosure?  The idea came to mind a while back and I'm curious if that is a viable option for the mega multis (obviously it would only work in certain circumstances, if at all).

selfdestroyer

Copper stilts for the win!

Looks awesome.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Stomptown on March 18, 2015, 11:46:02 AM
Looks pretty tidy to me!  What are those shelves made out of? Also, have you ever used the long pin alphas to stack PCBs in an enclosure?  The idea came to mind a while back and I'm curious if that is a viable option for the mega multis (obviously it would only work in certain circumstances, if at all).

I've built a modulated delay once using long pins for the delay and short ones for the LFO board that was sitting under, if using low profile components for both boards, it will fit in a 125B or 1550G since they have a higher sidewall, might have to fettle a little if using 1590D.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Quote from: Stomptown on March 18, 2015, 11:46:02 AM

Some extruded aluminium scraps we had that had a nice 90 degree bend on the end already.

Dunno about the Alphas. Only ever used the eyelet ones with solid core.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Jesus that multi build is a thing of beauty.

Must have been arse clenching when measuring it up for PCB locations :)

juansolo

The two Maestro's I knew were going to be a pain... The S&H particularly as I couldn't board mount the pots and the board was too big to fit anywhere. The Phaser I had an idea where it was going to go... Part of me wishes I'd just stuck with the P90 that worked so well in the last one though and made my life so much easier.

If I ever do another Alice, it'd probably be a V2, I think that one was pretty much bang on right. I probably went a bit too far with this one and didn't really need to. Still until you go too far, you don't know where that sweet spot is ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk