News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NADT!

Started by madbean, March 18, 2015, 11:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

New Amp Day (tomorrow).

A package is arriving. It comes tomorrow. I am so very stoked. I've been wanting it for a while now. Not saying until I get a good picture of it and I'll post it. My plan is for this to be the new MBP testing/prototying amp. Plus my own personal recording amp, too!

I guess I just don't feel like waiting until tomorrow to post N A D!

Any guesses? (because you have nothing else to do with your time, I'm sure  ::) ) pickdopper and CJ not allowed, they already know.

peAk

Vintage Blackface Princeton Reverb

jubal81

I'm going Z. Carmen Ghia?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Quote from: peAk on March 18, 2015, 11:30:25 PM
Vintage Blackface Princeton Reverb

Oh crap. That's it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

rullywowr

Silverface Princeton Reverb or Tone King Imperial

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

midwayfair

the3secondrule

Peavey rage?

What? ;)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

Quote from: rullywowr on March 18, 2015, 11:39:36 PM

That's it! I want a blackface too, but the 68 re-issue is what I fancy ATM.

pickdropper

Damn, I totally could've gotten this one.    :-P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

Quote from: madbean on March 19, 2015, 12:45:12 AM
Quote from: rullywowr on March 18, 2015, 11:39:36 PM

That's it! I want a blackface too, but the 68 re-issue is what I fancy ATM.

Me too. After watching the demo vids on YouTube, the black is what I thought I wanted but the silver sounds so much better.  A bit wary of some of the early build issues I've heard but I think they have it sorted. Let us know how you like it! 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

Quote from: rullywowr on March 19, 2015, 01:12:49 AM
Me too. After watching the demo vids on YouTube, the black is what I thought I wanted but the silver sounds so much better.  A bit wary of some of the early build issues I've heard but I think they have it sorted. Let us know how you like it!

I think they both sound pretty great but the silver with its early breakup is more what I need. As far as build issues, who knows. People always say that about PCB fabbed amps and while I definitely would prefer turret board that seems to be harder to come by outside the realm of boutique builders. I don't know why the silver is made in Mexico and the black is made in the US, though. But hey, Mexican Strats are pretty good, so...

playpunk

I want a Princeton too.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

peAk

Quote from: madbean on March 19, 2015, 01:16:58 AM
Quote from: rullywowr on March 19, 2015, 01:12:49 AM

I think they both sound pretty great but the silver with its early breakup is more what I need. As far as build issues, who knows. People always say that about PCB fabbed amps and while I definitely would prefer turret board that seems to be harder to come by outside the realm of boutique builders. I don't know why the silver is made in Mexico and the black is made in the US, though. But hey, Mexican Strats are pretty good, so...

Yeah, .....I actually like the look of the Silverface better for some reason.

Didn't someone here just get one......umm, was it Cody?

Anyway, Congrats. Princetons are sweet. I want one so bad.

billstein

Line 6 Spyder baby!!! Toanz!!!!

madbean

Quote from: billstein on March 19, 2015, 06:10:30 AM
Line 6 Spyder baby!!! Toanz!!!!

That was the runner up of course. After the Pignose and Roland Cube.