News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 Pole 4 position transitor switcher

Started by bassybeats, March 20, 2015, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassybeats

Hey guys, just after some clarification on something. I am looking at doing a Beavis Audio Fuzz Lab style project and liked his idea of having transistors on 'flying leads' on a DPDT toggle switch to switch between Ge/Si or two different types of Ge's.

Now I have a crap ton of Ge stuff from ordering parts for builds for friends and was trying to figure out a way to use a 3 Pole 4 Position Rotary switch to swap between four transistor options. Any idea if this will work and how to wire up a 3P4P switch like this from tayda?

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/electromechanical/switches-key-pad/rotary-switch/rotary-switch-3-pole-4-position-alpha-sr2612f.html

Luke51411

Yeah it would work. You would just wire the three legs of each transistor to the outside lugs that connect to each inner pole. Mark each inner for collector bass emitter and send a wire from those to their respective place on the circuit board. Hopefully someone will come explain this in a more articulate way...

bassybeats

Cool at least its doable. Will have to figure out how to lay it up.

Luke51411

Quote from: bassybeats on March 22, 2015, 08:47:44 AM
Cool at least its doable. Will have to figure out how to lay it up.
What I would do is use a multimeter to confirm which contacts are connected. Whatever three are being connected to the inner lugs, that's where the transistor legs go. Switch to the next position and repeat.

bassybeats

Wiring it up is going to be fun. Do you know where to get the eagle lbr for those Lorlin rotary switches? Was going to try draw up schematic in Eagle before I attempted to do it by hand and make a mess of it.

PigeonFX

Quote from: bassybeats on March 22, 2015, 11:47:55 PM
Do you know where to get the eagle lbr for those Lorlin rotary switches?

Dose the CK103x04 part in the library "Switch" fit the Lorlin rotary switches?

(this is a question, more then an answer!)
I'm PigeonFX - www.pigeonfx.com