News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TTTOP

Started by GrindCustoms, March 23, 2015, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Rej this looks FANTASTIC!!!. I'm a bit curious as to what LDRs you used for the Liquid Mercury. I noticed it isn't the VTL5C3/2. How and what did you use there...

drolo

Most impressive :-)

m-Kresol

Nice one. The most frustrating builds are often the most rewarding ones when you you get them to work properly.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Man you must have stayed up hella late last night to get this done! Great job Rej, this was a fun one to watch you defeat. This game me the push to get mine boxed up this week. Also, glad I was able to help you in anyway... it was fun.

Cody

lincolnic

Killing it as usual, Rej!

GrindCustoms

Thanks for the comments guys, after all the adventures i got with this built, it's much appreciated!  :D

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 23, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
Rej this looks FANTASTIC!!!. I'm a bit curious as to what LDRs you used for the Liquid Mercury. I noticed it isn't the VTL5C3/2. How and what did you use there...

Thanks man, i've used the regular 5mm LDR that Tayda sells, been using those successfully in so many circuits, they have proven to be the ONE good thing in the Tayda stable. lulz

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 23, 2015, 05:21:12 PM
Nice one. The most frustrating builds are often the most rewarding ones when you you get them to work properly.

I think that the expression: Bitches always get paid back, took all this sense with this one on my case... i gave so much trouble to people with the STM800... i had to get my fair amount of problem. ;)

Quote from: bcalla on March 23, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
This is so over the top!  So if I understand correctly, you have a single tap tempo stomp to get both effects in synch?  But you can also use the rate knobs to get them going at different speeds?  So do you have TAPFLO chips in each build?  I only see one in the Twin Peaks.

Yep, there's a TAPFLO in each circuit, so they either can be sync'd or have totally different speed using their respective rate knobs. The Phaser MCU is located on the pot PCB, why you can't see it from those pics.

Quote from: Leevibe on March 23, 2015, 03:30:57 PM
I'm so glad you stuck with this build Rej. This is cool. This one really deserves a VIDEO!!

I'll sure make a clip of it once i have fixed the remaining little issues with the Trem :)

The idea for me was to be able to recreate that sound, but add in flexibility and have both circuits TapTempo..

In that clip i'm using an Empress Trem and PhasorII built on Brian's Nutrons layout.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

micromegas

Hey Rej, do you read minds?  Something like this is what came to my mind when drolo released the phaser, and your video was the trigger!.
It looks awesome, and the phaser mods have to be killer. One could spend days tweaking sounds with this box.

Kudos. I'm sure it has been hard work, but the result looks awesome.

Looking forward to the new video :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

flanagan0718

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 23, 2015, 10:57:46 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, after all the adventures i got with this built, it's much appreciated!  :D

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 23, 2015, 04:14:43 PM

Thanks man, i've used the regular 5mm LDR that Tayda sells, been using those successfully in so many circuits, they have proven to be the ONE good thing in the Tayda stable. lulz

Thanks Man! I'll Check them out.

cooder

Craaaaazy! Awesome stuff Rej!!! :o
BigNoise Amplification

wgc

Whooo!  Awesome
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: micromegas on March 23, 2015, 11:08:42 PM
Hey Rej, do you read minds?  Something like this is what came to my mind when drolo released the phaser, and your video was the trigger!.
It looks awesome, and the phaser mods have to be killer. One could spend days tweaking sounds with this box.

Kudos. I'm sure it has been hard work, but the result looks awesome.

Looking forward to the new video :)

Thanks Adan... at some point for what a phaser is... this might be a bit of extravagenza excessiveness... but yes! It got it's load of possible sounds and useable sounds that is!

For those interested in doing the Vibe mode, here are the values and locations:

C9: 15nF
C10: 220nF
C11: 470pf
C12: 4n7

C12 is really close to the 6n8 per stock values, one could also use a 3PDT and acheive similar results.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Those LDRs, is that 2 legs in 1 hole on 3 of the 6?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

far out... that is epic in build and in sound!  what a great idea & execution!

lars

Great flaming globes of sigmund!!! That's sweet.

Stomptown

Beautiful work and demo Rej!  I'm glad all the hard work paid off in the end.  :)