News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mississippi Drive aka Deadringer II

Started by brejna, March 24, 2015, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi guys, I didn't see deadringer II build report, so here is one. This pedal was ready few months ago, but I had bad luck with shipping. Four of mine orders from Decembar and January were lost... Anyway, I've etched enclosure and it did stay bit longer in acid then it should be, but it is ok. Only mod I did was A1M gain pot instead A500k and I've put 1M resistor on the switch so I could dial those low gain settings. Also mosfet/diode clipping is changed 'cause during boxing I screw up one IRF510, so instead I have one 2N7000.  Also I used rullywowr's detour switching and it works great. One more thing, I wire boost so it works only when drive is engaged and you cannot use it by it own. Hope you like it and here are few pics..
Cheers
Brane

rullywowr

The shipping was indeed tough...not sure what is happening to all the mail over there but glad it got sorted :)

The etch looks great, and nice job on the wiring too.   Keep them coming!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

playpunk

This looks awesome! I started to etch my enclosure for this last weekend, then realized I never flipped my image. D'oh! Hopefully this weekend I can get to it.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

pedalhealer

www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

brejna

Quote from: rullywowr on March 24, 2015, 03:12:44 PM
The shipping was indeed tough...not sure what is happening to all the mail over there but glad it got sorted :)

The etch looks great, and nice job on the wiring too.   Keep them coming!

Thanks for kind words and thanks for resending me pcbs. More build to come :)

Quote from: playpunk on March 24, 2015, 03:26:21 PM
This looks awesome! I started to etch my enclosure for this last weekend, then realized I never flipped my image. D'oh! Hopefully this weekend I can get to it.

Thank you. Etching enclosures takes some time, but when you find what works best, it will be rutine. :D
If you need any help with it send me PM

Quote from: eldzsi on March 24, 2015, 04:44:25 PM
wow...perfect etch!

Cheers :)

luks999

fantastic job :-) im jeaulous for your etching skills

good to see a deadringer in here. build mine up but didnt box it because i have problems finishing my enclosure (couldnt find a white decalthat works, my enclosures too dark for using transparent foil)

brejna

Quote from: luks999 on March 24, 2015, 06:54:39 PM
fantastic job :-) im jeaulous for your etching skills

good to see a deadringer in here. build mine up but didnt box it because i have problems finishing my enclosure (couldnt find a white decalthat works, my enclosures too dark for using transparent foil)
Thanks, you just need to try etching. It ain't that hard :) Maybe you could try etched finish on yours too..

studiodunn

cooder

Super work there! Great etch and very nice insides to boot!
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Love the theme of this pedal. That large knob looks great where it is. Great job on the etch too brejna.

Cody

jubal81

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 24, 2015, 09:29:47 PM
Love the theme of this pedal. That large knob looks great where it is. Great job on the etch too brejna.

Cody

Just what I was thinking. Fantastic work.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

brejna

alanp

The PCB for one of these has been sitting on top of my PC for months, and I have a few of the rotary switches needed for it... just had no energy for it.

Might have to get off my chuff after seeing this :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

brejna

Quote from: alanp on March 25, 2015, 03:35:43 AM
The PCB for one of these has been sitting on top of my PC for months, and I have a few of the rotary switches needed for it... just had no energy for it.

Might have to get off my chuff after seeing this :)

You won't regret building it, especially if you like ODs.. :) Only thing I don't like about it at the moment is this combinations of 2n7000,IRF510 and diodes sounds bit fuzzish after I brake the other IRF510. I need to order those IRFs ASAP..

Cortexturizer

an absolute beast of a pedal dude. I sincerely hope that after an eleven hundred ODs more you'll find the one you like :D
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams