Started by madbean, March 25, 2015, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 08:55:33 PM
Quote from: micromegas on March 29, 2015, 10:57:27 AM
Quote from: Muadzin on March 28, 2015, 10:53:09 AM
Quote from: micromegas on March 26, 2015, 09:50:34 PM
I know what use I would give it....

only need to add some zero points and my multiplex to the chain to make it perfect.

:o

It's good to know that the current economic crisis has totally passed your little part of Spain.  8)
haha, not really :) that photo isn't mine, I only have the Eventide and it's still too much delay for me...

I had an Eventide too for a while, did'nt cut it.... and that board does'nt cut it for me, no AD9 or DM2.... of all the stuff in there only the DMM and Replex got my attention...
My Eventide was my first pedal  :o and a gift, so I try to love it :). It's not perfect, but the looper has some good capabilities and the reverse delay is chaotic (and I like that).
Don't you like the moogerfooger? That one is the first thing that grabbed my attention.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GrindCustoms

I've never tried any Moog pedals.... so that might be why it ain't crawling on me, wich to be honest, is probably a good thing.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

peAk

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 09:53:16 PM
I've never tried any Moog pedals.... so that might be why it ain't crawling on me, wich to be honest, is probably a good thing.

I haven't used any Moog pedals either.

That said, their synths are great.

micromegas

Quote from: peAk on March 31, 2015, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 09:53:16 PM

I haven't used any Moog pedals either.

That said, their synths are great.
me neither. Those are expensive here... They look cool as hell though.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

peAk

So mine arrived today and I had about 15 minutes or so to mess with it.

So far, so good. I plugged my Moog Sub Phatty directly into it and was able to get a full filter sweep with no clipping/distortion so I am impressed with the headroom. I wanted a device that would allow me to jam and get ideas without having to load up my DAW every time.

I wish it had more inputs. That said, I will just build a little switch box.

At $59 bucks (had a $10 EBay coupon), it was beyond a steal. Thing is built like a tank.

blearyeyes

Got mine yesterday and sure is nice not to have to listen to a PT2399 for a change! It is very clean and logically set up.
I was thinking you could use a little mixer with panning to get a stereo spread of the delay heads... Who has five amps to mess around with ?

billstein

I've only had time to play with mine for a few minutes. So far it seems like a really nice pedal. I definitely have no regrets over this purchase. To get a delay with tap tempo and a looper for $69.00 is a steal.

The only down side I can see is its size if you already have a cramped pedal board.

Luke51411

Quote from: billstein on April 02, 2015, 04:44:19 PM
I've only had time to play with mine for a few minutes. So far it seems like a really nice pedal. I definitely have no regrets over this purchase. To get a delay with tap tempo and a looper for $69.00 is a steal.

The only down side I can see is its size if you already have a cramped pedal board.
Fixed. Add on the looper which is cool enough on its own! I have had more chance to play around with it and it is a really nice delay! As bill said, the size could be a downside. The only other downside I can think of is that you can't use delay and looping at the same time. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but if you could, it would make up for the amount of pedalboard real estate it occupies, maybe I need a second unit :o ::). But again, the $65 I paid... well spent and I can probably make that back and then some selling the pedals it replaces.

peAk

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 02, 2015, 04:38:00 PM
I was thinking you could use a little mixer with panning to get a stereo spread of the delay heads... Who has five amps to mess around with ?

exactly, just send all the outputs to a mixer and pan them the way you want in the stereo field and send a stereo out to record a stereo channel. I was just thinking about this same thing.

Quote from: Luke51411 on April 02, 2015, 05:16:26 PM
Fixed. Add on the looper which is cool enough on its own! I have had more chance to play around with it and it is a really nice delay! As bill said, the size could be a downside. The only other downside I can think of is that you can't use delay and looping at the same time. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but if you could, it would make up for the amount of pedalboard real estate it occupies, maybe I need a second unit :o ::). But again, the $65 I paid... well spent and I can probably make that back and then some selling the pedals it replaces.

I too wish you could use delay on top of the loop. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if you had another delay before it that you could turn on after you have looped something.

Luke51411

Quote from: peAk on April 02, 2015, 05:43:33 PM

I too wish you could use delay on top of the loop. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if you had another delay before it that you could turn on after you have looped something.
Maybe that is part of the reason for the fire sale? While it has value for two separate effects it doesn't have as much value as two separate effects since you can only use one at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if a new one comes out that has that capability. It seems like it wouldn't be difficult or that expensive to either double the memory bank or add a second one eg one for delay and one for looping though I suppose the controls could get kind of convoluted using two effects at once...

blearyeyes

Anyone opened it up yet? Wonder what they are using under the hood.